After the release of the Android 10 by Google, the source code of the same has been released after some time. This makes possible to create perfectly working custom ROMs based on the latest Android 10 source code. A popular custom ROM called Lineage OS has released the Lineage OS 17 which is based on the Android 10 and comes with the signature features as well.
Previously some unofficial build of Lineage OS 17 was released for some Xiaomi smartphones. But recently we got some official alpha builds for the Lineage OS 17 for three Xiaomi smartphones. The smartphones will get all the basic features of the Android 10 OS, plus some exclusive features of Lineage OS as well.
Download Lineage OS 17 for Xiaomi Smartphones:
How to Install the Android 10 custom ROM
No matter which Xiaomi smartphone you own, the custom ROM installation will always the same. All you have to do is prepare your device for custom ROM installation, these were the prerequisites.
- Make sure that the bootloader of your Xiaomi smartphone is unlocked.
- You should have a custom recovery installed on your phone.
- Make sure to have a microSD or a flash drive card for the installation files.
Steps to Install the custom ROM
- Download the custom ROM zip file and save it on an SD card(or flash drive and connect it to your phone.
- Boot your phone into the custom recovery mode.
- Now, wipe your system and reset the phone using the Wipe option.
- Then install the custom ROM zip file using the Install option.
- After installation, you may have to install Google apps on some custom ROMs
Most of these Android 10 based custom ROMs are not official builds from Lineage so make sure to know about bugs before installing them. You will also be needed to install the Google apps package after installing the custom ROM as well.