Huawei Mate 30 Pro launched recently in China and keeping the tradition alive, Huawei upgraded the camera this time with some coolest features. But since Google banned Huawei phones from the supported list, the smartphone is not coming with the Google apps preinstalled. Huawei does preinstall its own Huawei App store which has some apps but it obviously is not better than the Google Play Store.
So if you got your hands on the Huawei Mate 30 Pro then here is a step by step guide to get Google Play Store and other Google apps working on it. Since it is an unofficial method for installing the Google Play Store, you might get some trouble installing the apps which use DRM content. The Google Assistant will also not respond to you using the hot keyword. You need some other way to trigger the Assistant.
Otherwise, there will be no problem using other Google apps like YouTube and other Google apps. The apps which use DRM content like Netflix will not install from the Google Play Store but sideloading and apk will work perfectly fine.
Steps to install the Google Play Store on Huawei Mate 30 Pro
- Launch the default browser on the Mate 30 Pro and navigate to www.lzplay.net and download the apk file provided.
- Once downloaded, install the apk file just like any other and launch it from the home screen.
- The app will prompt you to enable administrator rights to it. Once done, the app will start to download and install the required files.
- Tap the blue button at the bottom of the screen after downloading finishes to start installing the files.
- After installation, you can close this app and start to set up your Google Play Store.
- You can now uninstall the app as it is of no use now. Go to Settings > Security > More settings > Device administrators and remove the apps permission.
- Now you can uninstall the app from the home screen by holding the app icon for a few seconds and tap the cross icon.
Google apps will work perfectly fine for your Huawei Mate 30 Pro except for the glitches and errors which I mentioned before. Ever app which happens to give you an error during the installation, you can just download the apk of that app and install it on your phone.