Facebook Gaming streaming service was announced long ago to compete with Twitch and YouTube Gaming service. Facebook finally released this as an app on Google Play Store, iOS version is not yet released. The app is still in its early stages so it has some bugs and crashes but we have to give it some time to see how far it can go.
This is clear that Facebook Gaming won’t be able to compete with the crowned king Twitch by any means. But at least we have a new service apart from the mainstream Twitch to share and watch game streaming. This Facebook Gaming app lets you stream your games directly from your Android smartphone.
Every live session you do on Facebook Gaming will be saved and shared on your Facebook timeline as a post as a video. This is great if you only want to stream your smartphone games on your Facebook to gain followers. Here is a little step by step guide to help you go through the process for streaming games directly from your phone to Facebook Gaming.
Steps to stream games on Facebook Gaming from your phone
- Download Facebook Gaming app from Google Play Store
- Launch the app and log in to the app using your Facebook credentials.
- Once logged in, you can go through the setup process.
- Now you are on the home page of the app.
- Tap the floating Stream button on the bottom right.
- Select the game you want to stream and it will launch immediately.
- You can enable/disable the camera and audio for the session and also edit the caption for streaming.
You will see a floating Facebook Live icon on the screen which means your game is streaming live. To end the session, just tap on that floating facebook gaming button and it will ask you if you want to share it as recording on your Facebook wall. Tap on yes to share it with your friends on your Facebook wall.
This is how you can stream your smartphone game directly from your Android smartphone. The iOS version of the Facebook Gaming is not out yet, we hope it will be out soon and iOS users can also join Facebook Gaming.