We all use Facebook and Instagram to interact with people through chats and direct messages. And eventually, we may want to share something private or sensitive with the other person while wanting the message to disappear automatically after a set time. Thankfully, both apps have the option to send self-destructing messages and images. Here’s how you can send disappearing messages on Instagram and Facebook Messenger.
Send Disappearing Messages on Instagram
Facebook has lately introduced vanish mode in Instagram. You can use it to send auto disappearing direct messages to other users on the platform. To use vanish mode on Instagram:
- Launch the Instagram app on your phone. Make sure you’re using the latest version.
- Tap the Message icon at the top right to open all DMs.
- Open the chat with the person to whom you want to send a disappearing message.
- Once on the chat screen, enter the vanish mode by swiping up on your chat.
- Now, you can send any sensitive photos, videos, or texts that you want to.
- Once the person has seen the message and your secret talk is done, swipe up again to turn off vanish mode.
Doing so will erase all the history, including any pictures, video, message, or GIF that you had shared in the vanish mode. If someone takes a screenshot of your chat while you’re using vanish mode, you’ll be notified, similar to Snapchat.
Send Disappearing Messages on Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger comes with a dedicated secret chat mode wherein you can send disappearing messages to other people on Facebook. To use it, follow the steps below.
- Launch Facebook Messenger on your device.
- Open the chat with the person to whom you want to send disappearing messages.
- Tap the contact name at the top.
- Click on Go to Secret Chat.
- While sending a message, click the timer icon and set the self-destruct timer, ranging from 5 seconds to 1 day.
- Once the other party sees your message, it’ll automatically disappear after the set time.
Like Instagram, Facebook also offers the vanish mode feature. It works very similarly- all you need to do is swipe up in the chat, do your secret chat, and then make it disappear once you’re done. However, it isn’t available for all users as of yet.
This was all about how you can send disappearing messages on Instagram and Facebook Messenger. You can use the feature to ensure privacy while sharing sensitive photos, videos, or messages to anyone on the platform. Do let me know if you have any other queries in the comments below.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.