Tinder is one of the most popular dating platforms across the globe. It has now rolled out a new feature that you can use to prevent certain contacts from finding you on the app. Yes, you can now block your friends, relatives, or any other person to stop them from coming across your dating profile on Tinder. In this article, we’ll tell you a step-by-step process to block someone on Tinder before matching so that they don’t see your profile on the app.
Block Someone on Tinder Before Matching to Stop Them From Finding Your Profile
Table of Contents
For starters, your friends, relatives, or other people you know may often come across your dating profile on Tinder. This can make things embarrassing, and you would always prefer to hide your Tinder profile from them.
This is where the new feature comes into play. You can now choose to upload your contact list and select the contacts you want to block or don’t want to see on the app. This will help you avoid bumping into friends, relatives, and colleagues on Tinder.
What Happens When You Block Someone’s Contact Number on Tinder?
- The blocked contact won’t be able to see your dating profile on their Tinder app.
- Similarly, you won’t come across their profile on your Tinder app.
- Blocked contacts won’t be notified that you have blocked them.
- It also does not affect your existing matches or messages.
Block Contact to Hide Yourself from Friends, Relatives, and Colleagues on Tinder
- Open the Tinder app and tap your profile icon.
- Go to Settings, scroll down and tap Block Contacts.
- Now, grant the required permission to import your contacts.
- Under the Contacts tab, select people you want to avoid or block from your phonebook.
- Once you’re done, tap Block Contacts.
You can unblock contacts by going to the Blocked tab. Using the three-dot menu, you can also block and unblock all your phonebook contacts with a single click.
If you don’t wish to share all contacts with Tinder, there’s a manual contact entry option. Just tap the + icon at the top right corner and add the contact to the block list.
Things to Note:
- If the other person uses a different number to sign up than the one you blocked, Tinder will not be able to stop you from seeing each other.
- Blocking someone doesn’t imply they have a Tinder account.
- You can anytime stop sharing your contacts in Tinder settings.
Wrapping Up- Stop Others from Finding You On Tinder
This was all about how you can block contacts on Tinder before matching. Once blocked, they will not be able to find your profile or come across you on Tinder. I hope you can now use the platform more freely, without any fears. Anyways, do you use Tinder or any other similar platforms? Do let me know in the comments below.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.