Sometimes we want to send photos and videos on WhatsApp that will be deleted after opening once. To recall, WhatsApp already has a disappearing messages feature that deletes messages once viewed but that feature has a time limit of 7 days, which can be long for some people. So, to address this, there is a new WhatsApp View once feature that will let you send photos, videos that can be opened and viewed only once. Let’s know how it will work.
Send WhatsApp Photos That Can be Viewed Once
This View Once the feature is currently available only on the beta version of the Android app (v188.8.131.52). Also, View Once messages can be sent in individual chats as well as group chats. Here’s how you can use this feature on your phone:
1. First of all update your WhatsApp beta app. Then open that WhatsApp chat in which you want to send view once photos and videos.
2. Now add the media by tapping on the attachment button.
3. You will see a new “circled 1” next to add a caption bar.
4. Tap on this new button and the feature will be activated.
5. On the next page, you will see the “This media is set to view once” message, tap on OK to confirm.
Now, when you will send that media to someone, he/she will be able to view them only once and you will also get a notification that the recipient has opened it.
Things to remember about the WhatsApp View Once feature
You should know a few things before you start sending expiring media on WhatsApp:
- Photos and videos that are set to view once will disappear after the recipient closes it.
- This media will also not be visible through the notification panel and there will be only a circled one in the chat until the recipient opens it.
- This feature will work even if the recipient’s WhatsApp doesn’t support it yet and they will be able to see the media only once after updating their app to the latest version.
- You should also note that this feature will not protect against screenshots or screen recording and you won’t even get a notification if someone captures it.
- If you disable read receipts on your app, the recipient will still see if you have opened their media set to view once, but you cannot see if they have opened yours.
As mentioned above, the WhatsApp view once feature is currently available for Android beta testers. So if you don’t see this feature yet, wait for the next updates in the feature. Also, if you didn’t join the beta program, you will only receive photos and videos that are set to view once. For iOS beta testers, this feature might be releasing soon.
Stay tuned for the latest WhatsApp tips and tricks for Android and iOS!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.