Microsoft Teams is a handy communication platform used by millions of people across the globe. Initially intended as a business app, it is now available for free personal use amongst friends and families. However, many users have complained of blank white screen issues while opening the Teams app on their PC. If you’re facing any such issues, do not worry. Here are some easy ways to fix the blank white screen when opening Microsoft Teams on Windows 10 or 11.
Fix Blank White Screen When Opening Microsoft Teams on Windows 10/ 11 PC
Lately, multiple users have complained about getting a white screen when launching Microsoft Teams on Windows PC. While it could be due to various reasons, you can resolve it easily through the troubleshooting steps given below.
Properly Close Microsoft Teams
The easiest way to fix any issues with Microsoft Teams is to close it completely. The app starts automatically on boot and might be running in the background. To close it properly, right-click the Teams icon in the system tray at the bottom right and tap Quit.
Once done, try opening Teams again to see if the issue is resolved. If you still see a blank white screen, proceed with the other steps below.
Kill Teams from Task Manager
The other way is to close Microsoft Teams, or related processes is to kill it from the task manager. You can do it as follows:
- Open the Start menu and search for Task Manager. You can also open it by pressing CTRL + Shift + Esc.
- Once it opens, select Microsoft Teams by clicking on it.
- Tap End Task at the bottom right of the window.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on Teams > End Task.
Now, re-launch Microsoft Teams and check if it opens normally.
Delete Microsoft Teams Cache Data
Deleting Microsoft Teams cache has worked for most users facing the blank white screen issue. So is basic solutions don’t work, delete the accumulated cache files on your computer’s drive.
- Open File Explorer on your computer.
- Go to C:> Users > “your username” > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft.
- Here, look for and tap on Teams.
- Select and delete all the folders in this directory.
Doing so will clear the cache and fix the blank white screen on Microsoft Teams startup.
Repair Microsoft Teams
Windows lets you repair the app if it is not working right. Doing so does not affect its data.
- Open Settings on your computer.
- Click on Apps and go to Apps & Features.
- Here, search for Microsoft Teams.
- Tap it and select Advanced Options. Windows 11 users will have to tap the three-dot menu.
- Click on Repair and wait for it to complete.
Reset the Teams App
If it does not work, the next solution is to reset the Microsoft Teams app. This is similar to clearing app data on Android. To do so:
- Go to the same Advanced Options page for Microsoft Teams.
- Here, click on Reset.
- Tap Reset again to confirm.
All the data will be deleted and fix any app-related issues, including the blank screen problem.
Uninstall and Reinstall
If nothing works, the last option is to uninstall Microsoft Teams from your PC and re-install the latest version from the official website.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
- Click the three-dot menu for Microsoft Teams.
- Hit Uninstall and confirm the prompt.
- You can also uninstall Teams by right-clicking it in the Start menu and tapping Uninstall.
Once done, download the Microsoft Teams setup from the official website and install it.
(Solved) Blank White Screen in Microsoft Teams
These were quick ways to fix the blank white screen issue while opening Microsoft Teams on Windows 10 or 11 PC. I hope you’re not able to use Teams normally on your device. Apart from the fixes mentioned above, make sure your firewall isn’t blocking the connection for Teams. If you are still facing any issues, do let me via the comments below.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.