Want to share your old posts on Instagram as Stories but do not have the source file? Well, this might happen to anyone who has been posting on Instagram for a long time and forgot to keep track of their posts on their devices. In this case, there are two ways to share old Instagram posts as Stories. Read on to know the details!
Also, read | How to Share Tweets to Your Instagram Stories
Share Old Instagram Posts as Stories
There are basically two ways to do this, and the first one is pretty simple in which Instagram directly gives you the option of sharing a Story below every post. The second method is rather new in which you use a sticker for the same.
Share Via Sticker
Instagram also released a sticker that will help in resharing any post or reel as your story again with simple steps. Here’s how you can share your post as Story using this new “Reshare” sticker on Instagram:
1. Open Instagram on your phone.
2. Now tap on the “+” icon to post the story and select Story from the pop-up menu.
3. On the camera layout page, tap on Create with the “Aa” symbol.
4. Now, at the top of the page, you will see a sticker icon, tap on it.
5. On the stickers page, look for Reshare sticker and tap on it.
6. Then select the post you want to share as Story and post it.
Again, you can select here with whom you want to share this story, with close friends, or with all followers.
If you can’t see the new sticker option, you can use the next method which is available for all users. Also, you can try updating the app to see this option.
Share Via Posts
Below every post on Instagram, there is an option to share it. Follow these steps to do so:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Go to your profile page and then open the post which you want to share as Story.
3. Now below this post, you’ll see a paper airplane icon, tap on it.
4. On the next pop-up menu, select “Add post to your story”.
That’s it. You can also choose here with whom you want to share this story- to all followers or to a closed friends group.
That’s all about how to share old Instagram posts as Story. For more such Instagram tips and tricks, follow us on Instagram @gadgetstouse!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.