Now you can share your live location with your friends on Snapchat. The feature is being rolled out to all users on Android and iOS. Earlier there was only one option to share your location with all your friends or one particular friend. But now you can share your real-time location with your friends for up to eight hours. In this article, let’s find out how to share your live location on Snapchat.
Also, read | 2 Ways to Share Your Real-Time Location with Others
Share Live Location on Snapchat
Previously, if someone wants to share their location on Snapchat, they have to share it with all friends or with some select ones. However, this was not the live location so once they, move from that place, the new location cannot be shared automatically.
With the live location feature, you can share locations in real-time. Also, the time limit for the same is from 15 minutes to 8 hours. Follow these steps to share your live location on Snapchat with some friend:
1. Open Snapchat and go to chat in which you want to share your live location.
Note: The feature is available only for mutual friends.
2. Now tap on your friend’s name to go to their profile.
3. Here you will see a new option “Share My Live Location” under Snap Map. Tap on it.
4. Now make sure you’ve given location permission to the Snapchat app, otherwise you’ll have to allow it.
5. Apart from location permission, the app will also ask for notification access so that it can send alerts about the location. Enable the notifications as well.
6. Now you will see time limit options for sharing your live location. Choose any time from 15 minutes to 8 hours.
That’s it. Your location will be shared with your friend in real-time. You can stop it anytime by tapping on the “Stop sharing” option.
Moreover, Snapchat has also announced recently that it will now allow users to change their usernames without deleting the account. As of now, users could change only their display names. This new setting will be able from February 23, 2022, for all users. However, users will be able to change their Snapchat username only once per year.
For more latest Snapchat tips, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.