Reliance Jio today made another major announcement, revealing several details about its offerings for the next year or so. At a special event held earlier today, the company revealed a new Jio Prime offer. Thanking the first 100 million customers for showing faith in the new operator, Reliance Jio announced a slew of benefits for Jio Prime subscribers.
It may get a little confusing, though, so we have compiled a list of questions that you may have in your mind about the new Jio Prime offer.
Reliance Jio Prime Offer Pros
- Lowest fees for fast 4G LTE data
- Unlimited 4G LTE data for 1 year
- Better speeds than 3G
- Unlimited voice calling and zero roaming charges.
- Unlimited Jio apps usage
Reliance Jio Prime Offer Cons
- Low per day limit
- Speed issues
- Lingering connectivity issues
- Not free anymore!
Reliance Jio Prime Offer FAQ
Question: What exactly is this new Reliance Jio Prime offer?
Answer: Reliance Jio Prime offer is an extension of the Happy New Year offer announced last year. However, while the Happy New Year offer was free for everyone, the Jio Prime offer comes at a fee. The benefits offering remain the same, though.
Question: What benefits do users get with a Jio Prime membership?
Answer: Users who register for Jio Prime membership can avail the following benefits:
- Unlimited 4G LTE Data – With an FUP of 1GB per day. Unlimited data at 128 Kbps after crossing 1GB usage.
- Unlimited Voice Calling – Voice calls to any network anywhere in India will be totally free. No roaming charges, no blackout days.
- Unlimited Access To Jio Digital Life Services – Access Jio Digital Life services like Jio TV, Jio Cinema, Jio Music etc for free. These services are worth over Rs. 10,000.
- Many more perks that will be subsequently launched in the coming days, according to Mukesh Ambani.
Question: What about the Happy New Offer?
Answer: The Happy New Year offer will expire on the midnight of March 31st, 2017.
Question: Who can apply for Jio Prime membership?
Answer: All existing Reliance Jio customers can apply for Jio Prime membership. You can become eligible for Jio Prime if you get a Jio connection or port your number to Jio before March 1st, 2017.
Question: When can I apply for Jio Prime membership?
Answer: Applications for Jio Prime membership will be taken starting from March 1st to March 31st, 2017.
Question: How can I apply for Jio Prime membership?
Answer: You can apply for Jio Prime membership in the following ways:
- Using the MyJio app on your phone.
- Logging to your Jio account on Jio.com and applying.
- Visiting any Jio store or Jio partner store.
Question: How much does Jio Prime membership cost?
Answer: The Jio Prime membership costs:
- A one-time fee of Rs. 99 for 1 year (and)
- A monthly fee of Rs. 303 per month for 1 year.
Question: How long is this Jio Prime membership valid for?
Answer: The Jio Prime membership is valid for 1 year, starting on April 1, 2017 and ending on March 31, 2018.
Question: Can Jio Prime membership be extended after March 31, 2018?
Answer: It is unclear at the moment as Reliance Jio has not revealed any details regarding Jio Prime membership renewal.
Question: I’m not an existing Jio customer, can I apply for Jio Prime membership?
Answer: Only if you become a Jio customer before March 1, 2017.
Question: Can I use MNP to port my existing number to Jio and qualify for Jio Prime membership?
Answer: Yes, but you will have to make sure the porting process is complete before March 1, 2017.
Question: Will I be able to use Jio without Jio Prime membership?
Answer: Yes, existing Jio customers can continue to use Jio services without applying for a Jio Prime membership. New customers who sign up for Jio after March 1, 2017 will not be able to use Jio Prime, and therefore will have to use the regular Jio packages.
Question: What is the last date to apply for Jio Prime membership?
Answer: March 31, 2017.
Question: Do other operators have offers similar to Jio Prime membership?
Answer: None that we are aware of. Do let us know if you come to know about any such comparable offers from other operators, if they exist.
If you have any more questions about Reliance Jio Prime offer, do let us know in the comments below and we will do our best to clarify your doubts.