Xolo Q1000 B Opus has been announced, its going be the first Xolo phone to come with broadcom chipset, it has a quad core processor based on Cortex A7 architecture incorporating ARM NEON technology running at 1.2 Ghz with 1 GB of RAM and capable 720 playback and video recording as well. This chipset has equal power to compete with quad core chipset from Mediatek as per broadcom more we will tell you once we do the full review of this phone, in this initial review we tell you more about the phone, its build and our first impressions about camera, user interface etc.
Xolo Q1000 Opus Quick Specs
- Display Size: 5 inch IPS capacitive touch screen with 720 x 1280 resolution
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Quad Core Broadcom BCM23550
- RAM: 1 GB
- Software Version: Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean)
- OS Camera: 8 MP AF camera with Dual LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP front-facing camera FF [Fixed Focus]
- Internal Storage: 4 GB with 2 Gb approx. user available
- External Storage: Yes, upto 32 GB with MicroSD card expansion slot.
- Battery: 2000 mAh battery Lithium Ion
- Connectivity: 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, aGPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Others: OTG Support – Not Known, Dual SIM – Yes, LED Indicator – Yes
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity
Design and Build
The design of the Xolo Q1000 B Opus is not exceptional but looks good, although it looks like any other samsung galaxy phones but once you hold it in hands, you will get an idea about its light weight and nice rounded edges which makes this phone quite easy to hold and the chrome on the edges also make it look quite premium. The build however is plastic and you have a glossy white back cover which is made of plastic but its does look cheap but the back cover of this device will get finger prints and scratches quite easily.
Camera and Internal Storage
The rear camera on the device is 8MP with auto focus and LED flash and is capable of recording video at 720p and can also play videos at 720p, but we cant confirm about the recording for 1080p videos but it can play HD videos at 1080p. We took some photos from the rear camera and found out that the photo quality in low light is ok but not bad. The internal storage is kind of limited as it has 4Gb internal memory out of which around 2Gb approx. is available to user for apps and storing pictures, videos and other data.
OS and Battery
The UI running on the phone is stock android, there was no customizations which we could notice, it runs android 4.2 out of the box. The Battery on the device is 2000 mAh which does not seem to be right for this display but it should give around one day of backup with IPS LCD display and more we will say once we do the full review of this phone.
Xolo Q1000 B Opus Photo Gallery
Initial Conclusion and Overview
This devices seemed to be pretty decent on build quality, form factor wise its pretty good with curved glossy finish back, its thinner as well as compared to other similar hardware phones. We would like to give this device a thumbs up, lets see how does this device perform in Indian market going forward once its get available, its looks like this device will come in retail sales in first quarter of 2014.