Samsung is finally rolling out the Android 8.0 Oreo update on Galaxy Note 8 in India. Samsung recently released this update in France, and from today, Indian Galaxy Note 8 users are getting this update too.
The new update brings the Samsung Experience 9.0 UI with all the Oreo features and more. This update brings more features which include; customizable keyboard, stickers, new emoji, Bixby briefing, new color lens display, dual apps, enhanced DeX support and more.
The new update has the firmware version N950FXXU3CRC1 and the update size is about 1.47GB. It comes with the March 2018 security patch and Samsung promised that all the Galaxy S8, S8+, and Galaxy Note 8 devices will get the Android 8.0 Oreo update in the next two or three weeks, so every eligible device will get hit by this update soon.
Galaxy Note 8 Oreo update – What’s new
Here are the highlights of the lengthy changelog which Samsung has released with the new update.
- Some user interface enhancements have been done into the quick notification panel which includes the notification categories and notification icons.
- Touch and hold an app to show shortcuts in the app and the apps will show notification badges linked to the notification panel, clearing the notification here will clear it everywhere.
- Samsung keyboard has been upgraded with lots of new features including GIF keyboard.
- System performance has been improved with better battery life and running apps will be shown in the notification panel.
- Enhancements to the Edge screen with three more lightning effects and edge panel handle position can be changed by tapping and holding.
To get the update on your Galaxy Note 8, go to Settings > About phone and check for the new updates. The update will take a while to download, so make sure to download the update on Wi-Fi.