Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are undoubtedly two of the most anticipated smartphones of this year. Expected to be released in the first half of 2017, they have already started to show up on the internet. The Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus has just starred in some unofficial render images as well as a video.
This is not the first time that we hear about Samsung’s future flagships. We already know that the S8 and the S8 Plus will come with a very high screen to body ratio and ultra-powerful hardware. But, the latest render from Twitter tipster OnLeaks gives us the clearest view of the future devices.
The phones will come with premium metal construction and an exceptionally high screen to body ratio. After Note 7, the Samsung Galaxy S8 family will be first to adopt dual curved display as a standard. The future smartphones are expected to shred the home button. Instead, the fingerprint sensor will sit at the back, right beside the primary camera. Collaborating all the rumors, we already have a rough idea about the specs of the upcoming handsets.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus: Specifications
- 5.7 or 5.8-inch (Galaxy S8) and 6.1 or 6.2-inch (Galaxy S8 Plus) Super AMOLED Dual Curved Display with 2560 x 1440 pixels’ resolution covered with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Samsung Exynos 8895 / Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- 4 GB / 6 GB RAM and 64 GB Storage (UFS 2.1), micro SD card slot
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 12 MP rear camera with dual pixel technology, OIS, f/1.7 aperture, Auto HDR
- 8 MP front camera with f/1.7 aperture
- 4K and slow motion video recording
- 4G LTE, VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 3250mAh (S8) or 3750mAh (S8 Plus) Battery
- Fingerprint and Iris scanners
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus: Release Date and Pricing
So far, Samsung has not announced any specific timeline regarding the launch of its upcoming flagships. However, the smartphones will probably arrive before the second half of 2017. Speaking of pricing, the S8, and S8 Plus will cost the same if not more than the launch price of the S7 and S7 Edge.