Xiaomi has been working on the MIUI 10 after completing the roll-out of MIUI 9 to promised devices. The company had also started a poll to ask users to choose between MIUI 10 and MIUI X names for the next edition of MIUI. Now, a list of Xiaomi phones getting MIUI 10 has surfaced online.
Earlier last month, Xiaomi co-founder and Vice President Hong Feng who also heads the MIUI division of the company made the MIUI 10 official announcement. So, while we also anticipated the name to be MIUI X, it will officially be called MIUI 10 now. The MIUI 10 is likely to be available for all the Xiaomi devices except a few.
Xiaomi at the time of MIUI 9 announcement confirmed that it is coming to 40 Xiaomi devices which includes smartphones even from 2012. The Chinese firm had also confirmed that the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM will be the final major MIUI update for some Xiaomi devices including Xiaomi Mi 2, Mi 2S, Mi 4i, Mi Note, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime.
MIUI 10 Eligible devices
Hence, the above-mentioned devices will not get the MIUI 10 update obviously. Following are the devices that will be eligible to receive the MIUI 10 update:
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2, MI MIX, upcoming Mi MIX 2S,
- Xiaomi Mi 6, Mi 5S Plus, Mi 5S, Mi 5, Mi 5X, Mi 4S, Mi 4C, Mi 4, Mi 3,
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3, Mi Note 2,
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2, Mi Max Prime, Mi Max,
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 3 Pro/Prime, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 4G Prime,
- Xiaomi Redmi 5, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi 5A, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi 4, Redmi 4X, Redmi 4 Prime, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Redmi Pro, Redmi 3S Prime, Redmi 3S, Redmi 3, Redmi 3X
- Mi Pad 3, Mi Pad 2, Mi Pad.
While the official announcement tells us that Xiaomi will soon start working on the next MIUI update, there has been no information about the features of the new MIUI as of now. However, we expect it to be based on Android Oreo and bring background process optimization, battery optimizations and other features.