Gionee has announced another round of software updates for all major Gionee devices. The Chinese manufacturer received a lot of flak for delaying KitKat update for flagship phone Gionee Elife E7. Delayed updates are still better than hastily doled out updates with bugs and stability issue which crash your device.
The next round of updates will bring bug fixes and other features to the Gionee ELIFE E7, GPAD G5 and CTRL V6L. All of these updates are OTA updates, which means you won’t have to follow any garbled instruction or flash anything yourself.
For Gionee Elife E7 and CTRL V6L update will mostly bring bug fixes and better stability, while GPAD G5 will get pre-installed application updates, more fonts, lock screen widget and better notification management.
Here is the official update log:
Gionee ELIFE E7 update log:
1. Improved few applications crash random issue.
2. Improved random phone auto restart issue.
Gionee GPAD G5 update log:
1. Improved Junk character in incoming Call UI issue.
2. Now you can change the fonts follow your inclinations. Pre-installed 3 fonts and more easy to get fonts available.
3. Create any groovy playlist with the updated music player.
4. Added lock screen widget.
5. Manage notifications from applications with the new added feature, Information Management System.
6. Access applications only when you want to. Hide application feature to hide the applications from others which you want to keep confidential.
7. Updated applications : Gionee Xender, Game zone , WPS office , NQ security, Amigo paper , Saavn, Boyaa texas poker,UC browser, Wechat
8. Added the questionnaire of OTA
Gionee CTRL V6L update log:
1. Improved ROAMING icon not showing in roaming network.
2. Improved Whatsapp notification issue
3. Improved Lock/Unlock sound and soft key sound while in a call.
4. Improved Incoming call popup lagging