Undeniably, smartwatches have emerged to be a perfect companion in the prevailing fast-paced life. Wearing a good smartwatch not only increases your productivity but also makes you more efficient and agile during work.
Additionally, it almost rectifies the hassle of slipping the phone again and again out of your pocket. All of this while still doing what a typical watch or a fitness tracker can do. Sounds pretty cool, right?
Now, there’s nothing like a perfect or best smartwatch in the market. However, there exist a few with features that’ll perfectly match your requirements. Having said that, here we are with a list of top 5 best smartwatches you can buy in India right now.
Top 5 Best Smartwatches in India
Apple Watch Series 4- the most premium
Being the latest iteration of wearables by Apple, the new Watch Series 4 offers significant improvements over its predecessor. It is crafted with a single block of aluminum which flushes seamlessly with the display. This makes it one of the most premium looking smartwatches in the segment.
With the Apple Watch Series 4, you can not only get notifications but also take calls, listen to music, view photos and track your fitness levels with the highly accurate Electrical and Optical Heart Rate Sensors. Interesting enough, the company has also managed to put Siri on the hood for your service.
As for the usage, the wearable gets a buttery smooth performance, backed by Apple’s highly intuitive watchOS 5. Besides, it offers a battery life of up to 2 days and is water resistance for up to 50m.
- 1.73-inch, 368×448 pixel AMOLED display, 326ppi pixel density
- 64-bit Dual-core S4 Chip, 16GB Internal Storage
- Built-in GPS, Loudspeaker, Siri Voice Assistant
- Accelerometer and Gyroscope for Fall Detection
- watchOS 5, Call functionality
- Water resistant up to 50m
- 18-hour battery life
Samsung Gear S3- an overall package
Being a relatively cheaper smartwatch, the Samsung Gear S3 retails in two versions- Samsung Gear S3 Frontier and Samsung Gear S3 Classic. The Gear S3 Frontier bears a rugged look and comes with a rubber strap by default. The Classic, on the other hand, looks soberer and offers black leather-based strap as standard.
The Gear S3 incorporates a fantastic Super AMOLED display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass SR+. Furthermore, the watch also carries IP68 water & dust resistance, followed by Military grade MIL-STD-810G certification.
The UI can also be controlled via the rotating bezel which has its own perks. You can further set custom watch faces to suit multiple attires and occasion. In all, the Samsung Gear S3 is an overall perfect package, summing up to be one of the top 5 smartwatches you can buy in India right now.
- 1.3-inch, 360 x 360 pixels Super AMOLED display
- Dual-core 1GHz CPU, 768MB RAM, 4GB internal memory
- Corning Gorilla Glass SR+
- Certified IP68 and MIL-STD-810G
- Tizen based wearable OS
- Bluetooth V4.2, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, MST, GPS/Glonass
- GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate sensor, barometer, and altimeter
- 3-day battery life
Huawei Watch GT- when health is a priority
Huawei recently entered the wearable arena in India by launching its all-new Huawei Watch GT. Evidently, the Watch GT sports a round dial with a large 1.39″ OLED display, and offers interchangeable straps. It is available in Classic and Sports versions and runs Huawei’s own OS.
The smartwatch is water resistant up to 50 meters and is equipped with heart rate and sleep monitoring technologies, dubbed as TruSeen 3.0 and TruSleep 2.0, respectively. Using these technologies, it not only can accurately monitor your heart rate but also can tackle your sleep-related issues.
Additionally, the watch can also receive notifications from your phone, including messages, calls, and reminders. One of the best things about the watch is its 2-week battery life; despite having a backlit OLED display, it lasts longer than most of the watches in its segment.
- 1.39-inch 454 x 454 pixels AMOLED display
- Cortex-M4 Chipset, 16MB RAM, 128MB Internal Storage
- TruSeen3.0: Smarter heart-rate monitor | Trusleep: Sleep quality monitoring
- 3 Satellite Positioning Systems (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO)
- Lite OS, 2-week battery life
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Optical heart rate, Barometer
Amazfit Stratos- where features meet endurance
Amazfit is known for its fitness-oriented smart wearables, and Stratos is no different. It features the look and feel of an analog watch, backed by silicon straps with an option to go with the leather ones. Overall, the watch is super comfortable and feels solid in hands.
Talking of the unique selling points, the Amazfit Stratos gets a Transflective display instead of regular LCD/ OLED panels. For those unaware, a transflective display doesn’t need a backlight to display content on the screen. Thus, the brighter the sun gets, the more will be the screen visibility. This also makes up for a whopping 20-day long battery life, which is simply amazing, in my opinion. Anyways, the watch does pack its own backlight for night use.
Furthermore, the Stratos brings in a heart rate monitor, step tracker, calorie counter, in-built GPS, and more to the table. You can also connect your wireless earphones and listen to songs on the go, without the need of a phone. Stratos is also the cheapest in our list, making it one of the top 5 smartwatches you can buy in India for those who want a fantastic battery life alongside a shiny bright display.
- 1.27-inch 172 x 172 pixels Transflective LCD display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Dual Core 1.2GHz processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- Huami’s own Proprietary OS
- GPS, Bluetooth v4, Wi-Fi 802.11, b/g, GLONASS, PPG heart rate sensor, acceleration sensor, gyroscope, geomagnetic sensor, light sensor, Triaxial sensor
- Water resistant up to 50m
- 20-day battery life
Fitbit Versa- motivation onboard
Certainly, Fitbit Versa is the smartwatch you should consider if buying for a female. This is not just due to the looks, but also the exclusive female health feature that lets you record symptoms and compares the period cycle against other health stats, including sleep, activity, and weight.
The watch lasts up to 4 days and lets you listen to your favorite music on the go by storing 300+ songs. As for the other fitness features, you can choose from over fifteen exercise modes to get real-time stats during your workouts. You can also rely on SmartTrack to automatically recognize and record exercises for you.
One can keep track of steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes each day, summarized in the Fitbit app. Thanks to the Fitbit ecosystem, you can further take your motivation to the next level by competing with friends and family in Fitbit challenges.
- 1.34-inch 300 x 300 pixels LCD display, 1000nits brightness
- Ideal for women: female health tracking using the Fitbit app
- Fitbit Coach– a series of built-in workouts
- 3-axis Accelerometer, 3-axis Gyroscope, Optical Heart Rate Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, SpO2 Sensor for measuring blood oxygenation
- 300+ songs Storage, 15+ exercise modes
- Water resistant up to 50m
- Up to 4 Days of battery life
So these were the top 5 smartwatches you can buy in India right now. As you might’ve already observed, each watch excels in its own way. However, you can’t go wrong with either of them provided that you know your priorities.
Having said that, do let us know what’s your pick from the list above. In case of any queries, feel free to get in touch via the comments section below.