The much-anticipated Apple Store is now finally live for purchases in India. You can buy pretty much any genuine Apple product from the store, including MacBook, iPad, and even a customized iMac. Now, if you’re a student, you can take advantage of Apple’s student discount offer, be it online or offline. If you’re unclear about how it works, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to avail Apple Student Discount in India. We’ve also added Apple Education prices for Mac, MacBook, and iPad.
Apple Student Discount: Step-by-Step Guide, Price List
For now, Apple is giving a student discount of up to ₹23,990 on a new Mac and up to ₹7,445 on a new iPad. Yes, the discounts apply only to Mac, Macbook, and iPad variants.
These discounts are for current and newly accepted university students. Notably, Apple provides discounts for teachers, students, parents of students, and school and college staff at all levels.
- You need to have a valid College ID card.
- One should not be more than 25 years old.
- The discount is valid for students from Class 10 and above only.
There are two ways to get the Apple student discount in India. You can get it through either an Apple Premium Reseller or Apple’s official Online Store. That said, make sure you fulfill the requirements in both cases.
Avail Apple Student Discount at Offline Stores
The student discount can be availed offline at any of the Apple Premium Resellers using your college ID card. To find Premium Reseller stores in your city, head to this landing page and enter your city name or pin code.
There are chances that the Apple Store may deny offering you the student discount. In that case, you can move on to Apple’s official online store.
Avail Student Discount on Apple India Online Store
To avail of the student discount offer online, you need to verify yourself as a Student on Apple’s website. Post which, you’ll be able to access Apple India Education Store.
- Head to the Apple Education Pricing page on your browser.
- Click on ‘Shop the Apple Store for Education.’
- On the next page, click on ‘Get Started’ and sign up with Unidays to verify your age and student status.
- Select your institution, year of study, and course length. Then provide the email ID issued by your university.
- After that, upload the ID issued by your college or university as instructed.
- Once your student status is verified, you’ll be able to access the Apple India Education Store.
That’s it. You can now select your desired product and checkout to proceed with the discounted purchase.
If you don’t see your college or university, click on “Can’t find your institution?” and give your college name and institutional email ID (given by college) for further process. Or, you can chat with a specialist or call Apple at 000800 040 1966 to verify over the phone with your ID or acceptance letter.
List of Apple Devices Eligible for Student Discount
The Apple Student Discount is only available on MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, Pro Display XDR, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad, and iPad Mini versions.
You won’t be able to claim the offer on other products like the iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods, Apple TV, or any other accessories for that matter.
Apple Education Pricing for Mac, Macbook, and iPad
Under Apple Education Offer, you can grab discounts of around ₹10,000 and more on iMac Pro desktops. On Macbooks, too, Apple is giving discounts of ₹9,000-12,000. On iPads, however, the discounts are limited to about ₹1,000-4,000.
- MacBook Air – Starting at ₹83,691 (Regular Price- ₹92,990)
- MacBook Pro – Starting at ₹1,10,691 (Regular Price- ₹1,22,990)
- iMac – Starting at ₹89,910 (Regular Price- ₹99,990)
- iMac Pro – Starting at ₹4,18,410 (Regular Price- ₹4,64,900)
- Mac Pro – Starting at ₹4,49,910 (Regular Price- ₹4,99,900)
- Mac Mini – Starting at ₹67,410 (Regular Price- ₹74,900)
- Pro Display XDR – Starting at ₹4,04,910 (Regular Price- ₹4,49,900)
- iPad Pro –Starting at ₹68,305 (Regular Price- ₹71,900)
- iPad Air – Starting at ₹50,783 (Regular Price- ₹54,900)
- iPad – Starting at ₹28,106 (Regular Price- ₹29,900)
- iPad Mini – Starting at ₹33,155 (Regular Price- ₹34,900)
All products purchased via Apple Education Store India will come with a free one-year Apple TV+ subscription.
Common Questions On Apple Student Discount
- Are HDFC Card Discounts applicable to Apple Student Discounts? No, HDFC card offers cannot be availed together with student discounts on Apple Store. However, some premium resellers like Imagin allow clubbing the card and student discount- do check before making the purchase.
- Does the Apple India Store offer GST Input for purchases made under Student Discounts? No, GST input is not available for purchases under the Student offer.
- Can I combine Apple Student Discount with other offers? You cannot combine Apple Student Discount with HDFC Card Offers or GST Input. For other offers, please confirm with the retailer.
- My School/ College is not listed in MyUniDays for Student Verification. What to do? If you are unable to use MyUniDays, Apple, on its website, mentions that it will also verify a student’s status through chat and call with an ID and acceptance letter issued by a university.
The Apple Student Discount offer is a great way for students to save money while buying productivity-oriented products like Mac and iPad. Anyway, what do you think about Apple’s education pricing? Do let me know in the comments below. Have any other doubts or queries? Feel free to reach out via the comments below.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.