Amazon Prime is an all-exclusive service from Amazon which not only lets you stream content from its OTT platform Prime Video but also offers some exclusive benefits on its e-commerce website including free delivery and early access to sales. Amazon Prime subscription starts at Rs. 129 per month or Rs. 999 per year in India. However, you can get one year of free Amazon Prime Membership with some select postpaid plans offered by leading telecom operators in India. We are telling here three ways to get free Prime membership for 12 months. Read on!
Get Free Amazon Prime Membership for One Year
Table of Contents
Free Prime with Airtel postpaid & broadband plans
This offer is available to Airtel postpaid Infinity plans of Rs. 499 or above and to Airtel Broadband customers. Follow these steps to avail of this offer:
- Open your Airtel Thanks App and tap on the “Discover airtelThanks” banner.
- You will see an Amazon Prime card on this page.
- Tap on “Claim Now” and ‘Proceed’ to the next screen and you’ll be redirected to Amazon to signup/sign-in process.
- If you’re an existing Amazon customer then log in with your credentials or create a new account.
- You will see the “Welcome to Amazon Prime” page when you log in to your account.
Q. How long is my Prime membership valid? Will I be charged extra for this?
A. As long as you are on Airtel’s postpaid plan of Rs.499 or above or Broadband plan, your Amazon Prime membership will be included in your plan for one year and you do not need to pay extra.
Q. What happens to my Prime membership if I change my mobile carrier or plan?
A. If you are no longer an Airtel customer, or you leave the eligible Airtel postpaid plan for a different plan, your Prime membership will get canceled.
Q. What happens if I’m already an active Prime member?
A. You cannot avail of free Prime through Airtel while you are an active member. Once your current membership expires, you can get free Prime membership with the Airtel plan.
Free Prime with Jio Postpaid Plus Plans
This offer is available to all Jio Postpaid Plus plans to start from Rs. 399. Below are the steps to avail of this offer:
- Install the MyJio app on your phone and log in with your number.
- Click on the “Activate Now” button on the Amazon Prime banner on the homepage.
- Login to Amazon using the link to activate Prime membership with an existing Amazon account or by creating a new account.
- Once you sign in, Amazon Prime membership will be activated.
Q. What will happen if I change my plan?
A. In case you change your plan and move to an ineligible plan, Prime membership availed under your current plan will get canceled.
Q. What happens at the end of one year of free Prime?
A. After completing one year, the membership will be renewed and you will be charged Rs. 999 in your bill.
Q. I do not have an Amazon account, can I avail of this offer?
A. Yes, you can avail this offer, even if you don’t have an Amazon account. While activating the offer, you will have the option to sign up as a new user on Amazon.
Q. If I am already an active Amazon Prime member, can I still avail of this offer?
A. Jio’s offer is not applicable for active Prime members. You can either wait till your current membership expires or use another Amazon account.
Q. On how many screens or devices can I stream the Prime video?
A. Amazon Prime video can be streamed on 3 devices with the same credentials. However, only 2 devices can view the same title/content simultaneously.
Free Prime with Vi (Vodafone Idea) REDX Plans
This offer is available to Vi REDX postpaid plans of Rs. 499 and above. Follow the below steps to avail of this offer:
- To claim your free Prime membership with the REDX plan, download the Vi app.
- Log in using your Vi postpaid number.
- After that, click on your plan awards section on the home page and you will Amazon Prime banner.
- Tap on the banner and you will be redirected to Amazon, where you can sign in and start using Prime benefits.
Q. I had used Amazon Prime membership my Vi RED plan previously, will I get it again?
A. No, Amazon Prime membership is a one-time offer for all eligible REDX postpaid plans. It is available only if not already availed earlier with another plan.
Q. What will happen if I change my REDX plan?
A. Amazon Prime membership will be canceled if you will no longer be using the eligible plan.
Q. What will happen after completing 1 year of Amazon Prime on the REDX plan?
A. After completing one year, your membership will be auto-renewed and you will be charged Rs. 999 in your Vi Postpaid bill. However, Vi will remind you in advance about the renewal and you can cancel your membership anytime.
This is how you can get free Amazon Prime Membership for one year with postpaid plans. Tell us in the comments which telecom’s plan you are using currently.
You can also follow us for more tips at Google News or for instant tech news, smartphones, and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or the latest reviews you can subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.