Did you accidentally delete a story or photo you uploaded on Instagram? Well, Instagram has now rolled out a new “Recently Deleted” feature using which you can view and restore the deleted Instagram posts and uploads. In this article, let’s have a look at how you can recover deleted photos, videos, reels, and stories on Instagram.
Recover Deleted Instagram Photos, Videos, Reels, and Stories
Earlier, any post or story you delete on Instagram was removed permanently from the platform. There was no way to restore it. However, now, the Facebook-owned giant has rolled out a “Recently Deleted” feature that lets you review and restore posts you’ve deleted, including photos, videos, reels, IGTV videos, and stories.
Starting February, the deleted items on Instagram will stay in the “Recently Deleted” folder. You can review and recover them within 30 days, after which they will be removed permanently. In the case of stories, they will stay in the Recently Deleted folder for 24 hours before they are removed.
Restore Deleted Instagram Posts & Stories on Android, iOS
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Then, click the hamburger menu at the top right and select Settings.
- In Settings, click on Account and tap Recently Deleted.
- Here, you’ll see all the posts you deleted on Instagram (including photos, videos, and reels), followed by the stories.
- Just tap on the photo, video, reels, or story you want to restore.
- Click the three-dots at the bottom right and tap Restore.
- You can also click on Delete to permanently delete the item from ‘Recently Deleted.’
Once you click on Restore, it will ask you for an OTP verification via email or text to verify that you’re the rightful holder of the account before deleting or restoring content from Recently Deleted. This will protect your posts from permanently being deleted by hackers if your account is compromised.
Which Deleted Posts You Can Recover On Instagram?
The Recently Deleted feature lets you recover the following things on Instagram:
- Photos and Videos deleted from your profile.
- Reels and IGTV Videos deleted from your profile.
- Instagram Stories.
- Stories deleted from Highlights and or Story Archive.
Note that deleted stories (not in your archive) will stay in Recently Deleted for up to 24 hours. In comparison, everything else will be deleted 30 days later.
This was all about Instagram’s new Recently Deleted feature and how you can use it to recover deleted Instagram photos, videos, stories, reels, and IGTV videos on your phone. If you don’t see the feature yet in your app, update to the latest version or wait for a few more days.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at fGoogle News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.