Everybody loves time-lapse video. Most of the smartphones these days come with this feature in-built, and if not, one can always download an app to shoot these cool videos. But do you know that you can also convert an already recorded video into a time-lapse video? Some of these apps come with this feature. So, here we are going to tell you three ways to convert your regular videos to time lapse videos. And you can make such videos with your photos also. Read on for details!
Convert Regular Videos into Time Lapse Video
You have two options to make a time-lapse video- either record a time-lapse video right at the moment or convert a regular video into a time-lapse video.
To convert an already recorded video into a time-lapse video, you can use a desktop or your mobile phone. Let’s discuss all the methods here.
Convert into Time Lapse Video on Desktop
Most of the desktop video editing software comes with a built-in feature to convert a standard video clip into a time-lapse movie.
However, if you’re looking for free and easy-to-use software, Microsoft’s Hperlapse Pro is probably the best option and this is available for Windows and macOS. If you do not have it already, download it here.
1. After downloading, install the software on your PC and launch it.
2. Click on “New” and select your video file from your computer.
3. After it is imported, click on “Next” from the above toolbar menu.
4. On the “Settings” page, you can change the speed of the video under “Speed control”.
5. Click on “Next” again and it will be processed.
You can then save the video by clicking on the “Save as” icon from the above options.
Note that just like most other free tools, your video edited from Hyperlapse will have a watermark, and to remove it, you will have to buy the product key.
Convert into Time Lapse Video on Mobile
Microsoft’s Hyperlapse app is again the best mobile app which is capable of recording time-lapse and converting existing videos into a time-lapse.
1. After you launch the app which has a landscape layout, you will see two options- import or record. Choose Import existing video to select a video from your phone.
2. Now, click on the “right check” button to import the video.
3. Here, it will show the video converted at 4x speed. If you want to make it even faster, you can drag the slider on the screen to the right side.
4. Click on the “right check” button again and your time-lapse video will be saved.
You will not be able to remove the watermark in the free version.
Make Time Lapse Video Online
There are some websites that let you change video speed online. One of these services is Kapwing which lets you make any video time-lapse by changing its speed with one of its tools. Here’s how to use it:
1. Visit the Kapwing website and look for change video speed tool or you can directly go to this URL- https://www.kapwing.com/tools/change-video-speed
2. Now, click on “Upload” or you can also paste a URL if you want to change a video that is uploaded somewhere online.
3. The video editor will open and there on the right-hand side menu bar you will see “Speed” among other options.
4. Click on the ‘+’ icon under the speed option and it will increase the video speed to make it time-lapse. You can choose up to 4x speed.
5. Lastly, click on “Export” to complete the task.
6. You will have to wait for a few seconds after that you can download the final video by clicking on “Download”.
Note that the website leaves its watermark on the final video if you do not signup. Interestingly, Kapwing also lets you make any video in slow motion as well.
These were a few ways to convert any regular videos to a time-lapse video. For more such tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.