Want to enjoy ad-free music on Spotify? Well, we all know that’s only possible when we purchase their “Premium” subscription starting at Rs. 199 per month in India. But what if I tell you that you can mute those ads while listening to your favorite music on Spotify and that too for free. Yes, you read that right, you can mute Spotify ads without paying for a Premium subscription. However, in order to completely block them, you need to buy one of their plans. Read on to know the magic trick.
Mute Spotify Ads Without Paying For Premium
There is an app dubbed “Mutify” that can mute the ads on Spotify’s app without the need for premium. The app relies on silencing the ads instead of blocking them. As mentioned above, for that you need a paid plan. However, the app, on the other hand, is completely free and easy to use. Here’s how it works!
Steps to Mute Spotify Ads
1. Go to the Google Play Store and download & install the Mutify app.
2. After installing, open it. The app works in the background to keep Spotify ads silent. So first, you need to disable Android’s battery optimization feature for it.
3. Go to your phone Settings, select Battery, and then look for “battery optimization”. This may under different names in the battery settings on different devices.
4. You will see a list of all apps using your phone’s battery. Find the “Mutify” app and then disable the battery optimization feature for it. On some phones, you will need to select “Don’t Optimize”.
5. Next, switch to the Mutify app and tap “Open Spotify” or directly open the Spotify app.
6. Tap on the gear icon in the upper-right corner to open Spotify’s settings and look for the “Device Broadcast Status” feature. Tap on it to enable the feature.
7. Lastly, after completing all these steps, open Mutify and tap on “I Did It.”
8. Next, switch the “Mute Ads” slider to enable it.
That’s it. The app will always work in the background to mute Spotify ads. If you are concerned about battery drain, you can enable its dark mode by tapping on the settings icon in the upper-right corner and checking the box next to “Dark-Only Mode.”
This is how you can mute Spotify ads without paying for anything. Although Mutify doesn’t offer an uninterrupted listening experience as it only mutes the ads but still it is better than listening to those boring repetitive ads while enjoying your music.
For more such tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.