After the surge in COVID-19 cases, the Delhi government has announced a curfew in the national capital starting from Monday, April 19 at 10 PM. The week-long curfew will go on until 5 AM, Monday, April 26. During this time period, all non-essential services in the capital will remain prohibited and people are advised not to step out of their homes unless it’s very necessary. For people who need to travel during the lockdown, an e-pass will be required. Here, I tell you how you can apply for an e-pass online for Delhi lockdown.
E-pass in Delhi Lockdown
If you already have an e-pass for night curfew, you don’t need to apply separately for the upcoming curfew. Here are the details regarding who needs an e-pass and how they can apply for it online.
Who can apply for an e-pass?
Delhi government is issuing this e-Pass for those who are engaged in some kind of essential services but do not have a valid ID or Government ID. Following people can apply for an e-pass:
- Those who are going for vaccination and don’t have a prescription.
- People working in private banks, insurance offices.
- People going to ATMs or banks.
- Private security personnel without a valid ID.
- People working in broadcasting, cable, IT, and internet services.
Those who are exempted to show an e-pass are- all private medical personnel, print & electronic media personnel on the production of valid ID cards.
Also, students appearing for an exam and people coming from/going to railway station/airport with valid tickets are not required to show an e-pass. Moreover, no separate e-pass is required for inter-state & intra-state transportation of essentials.
How to apply for an e-pass online
1. Those who are eligible for an e-pass can visit the Delhi government’s e-pass website: https://epass.jantasamvad.org/epass/init/
2. On the homepage, click on the preferred language for your e-pass from Hindi or English.
3. Select e-pass for curfew from dropdown and a form will open where the person will need to fill in personal details such as name, contact number, and district to travel.
4. After that, enter the type of service and date & time of travel.
5. Lastly, you will also need to submit identity proof and other documents related to your service.
6. After that, check the acknowledgment box and then click on the Submit button. After which an e-pass number will be generated once it is approved by the government.
7. You can check the status of the approval with the generated e-pass number.
8. Once the pass is approved, you will receive an SMS on your given phone number.
You can then download the e-pass on your smartphone or take a hard copy of it for use.
This is how you can apply and download an e-pass for traveling during Delhi lockdown. We request our readers not to step out unless it’s really urgent. Stay home, stay safe.
And for more such tech tips, stay tuned to Gadgets To Use.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.