Twitter’s blue tick gives famous personalities and other notable individuals a way to tell others that they are indeed themselves and not someone else pretending to be them. However, Twitter closed its verification program back in 2017 after some backlash. Now, the company is finally re-launching this program as a dedicated feature in the account settings. Here I am telling you some easy steps to get a blue tick on Twitter.
Twitter Verification Process
Previously, Twitter had a verification form where users could apply for a blue tick by giving information like ID and why they should be verified. Twitter then used to approve or decline the request. This time the feature is available within the app.
Requirements for Twitter Blue Tick
To qualify for Twitter verification, you must fall into the eligibility criteria provided by the social media company. First of all, your account should be one of the listed categories for verification. There are six categories of accounts that are eligible for verification now:
- Companies, brands, and organizations
- News organizations and journalists
- Sports and gaming
- Activists, organizers, and other influential individuals.
Apart from this, your account must have a name, profile picture, a confirmed email or phone number (active for the last 6 months). Your account should also have a record of adherence to Twitter rules. It is not yet clear if there’s a minimum follower count requirement for verification or not.
Steps to Get Blue Tick on Twitter
Follow the steps below to get verified on Twitter:
1. Open the Twitter app on your phone and tap on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner to open the menu.
2. From there, tap on “Settings and Privacy” and then select “Account”.
3. On the Account settings page, you will see a new option “Verification request” right below the Security option. Tap on it.
4. Now, on the next page, tap on “Start request” and then select your account’s category from the given six options. Tap on “Next”.
5. On the next page, select account qualification by selecting a method to show that your account qualifies for verification and tap on “Next”.
6. After, that choose your account type, and enter your account credibility details which include a public presence URL and at least three news reference links from reputed organizations. Tap on “Next” again.
That’s it. Your verification request will be sent to Twitter for approval. Twitter will start showing the blue tick on your profile if your application is approved. Otherwise, you can reapply after one month (30 days) of receiving Twitter’s decision.
So this is how you can apply and get a blue tick on Twitter. If you do not see the feature yet on your app, you should wait for some time. Twitter is doing a staged rollout for the feature and you may see this in the coming weeks.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.