Recently, I talked about how to hide your Facebook online status from your friends so that they cannot disturb you when you go online. This problem can also be there on Instagram, where people can start sending you DMs when they see you active. So, if you want the same privacy on Instagram too, there is an option for that too. Here, I am going to explain how you can hide your active status on Instagram if you don’t want anyone to know that when were you active on the platform.
Hide Instagram Active Status
The feature is dubbed as “Activity status” which on disabling hides your last activity on social media platform from your followers. Here we have mentioned a step-by-step guide to turn off activity status on the Instagram app as well as on PC.
On Instagram App
Follow the below-mentioned steps to turn off your activity status on the app:
1. Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
2. Tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner and go to your Profile.
3. Here tap on hamburger Menu (three horizontal lines) and then select Settings.
4. After that, tap on Privacy and look for Activity Status, tap on it.
5. On the next page, the Show Activity Status toggle is turned on by default. Toggle it Off by tapping on it.
That’s it. Your Instagram activity status is now turned off and you will be able to surf freely without anyone stalking you.
On Instagram PC
If you using Instagram on a PC or any browser, you can follow different steps which are mentioned below:
1. Open instagram.com on your PC or mobile browser and log in to your account.
2. Now click your profile picture icon in the top right corner and then click Settings.
3. Here click Privacy and Security and then uncheck the box next to Show Activity Status.
That’s it. By following the above-mentioned steps you can turn off your Instagram activity status. Also, if you are running multiple Instagram accounts then you will have to turn off the feature for all l accounts separately.
Note: When you turn off your Instagram activity status, you won’t be able to see other’s online status as well, just like WhatsApp last seen.
As you know, people you follow or with whom you chat on Instagram can see your last active status. So when you turn off your activity status, no one can start bombarding your inbox with messages anymore and you can talk to people at your convenience.
For more such Instagram tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.