Twitter has introduced a new feature to support the creators organizing a Twitter Spaces session, where they share their knowledge, expertise, or anything for the reason their audience follows them on Twitter. And in exchange make some money by keeping an entry ticket, for that Spaces session. This new feature is called Ticketed Twitter Space, it allows complete freedom to the creator to keep a fee as per their liking ranging from $1 to $999.
Also, Read | Twitter Spaces VS Clubhouse: Masses vs Elites
What’s the revenue share a creator can keep?
Twitter has announced the revenue share in two tiers:
Up to $50,000 lifetime earning
Creators can keep up to 97% of the revenue generated from Ticketed Twitter Space, after deducting the platform fees on in-app purchases. Additional fees for transfer, currency conversion, e-wallet charges, etc. will be apportioned from the creator’s share.
Once the creator reaches $50,000 in lifetime earnings, the creator’s share will be reduced to 80% of the revenue generated from Ticketed Twitter Space.
Note: The minimum withdrawal threshold is $50, and it can take up to 10 days for the amount to reflect in your bank account. The creator is liable to pay taxes on the revenue generated according to the law of the land.
Eligibility to host a Ticketed Twitter Space
In order to host a Ticketed Twitter Space, a user needs to meet all the below-mentioned requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Maintain at least 1000 active followers or more
- Must have hosted at least 3 Spaces within the last 30 days
- Should have a complete profile with an account name, a bio, profile picture, header image
- Email Verification needs to be completed (if not done before)
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA) should be enabled
- Should not have violated Twitter’s user agreement or Twitter’s Content Monetization standards
- The account should not be a state Affiliated Media Account
- Should not have been removed as an advertiser for violation of Twitter Policies
- The account should be authentic with a clear identity:
- Should not be a parody, fan account
- Not impersonate a person, brand, organization, etc.
- The profile picture should not be of an animal, fictional character (unless affiliated with your brand or organization)
How to Start a Ticketed Twitter Space?
If your Twitter Account meets the eligibility criteria, as mentioned above, to organize a Ticketed Twitter Space. Then in order to start a ticketed space, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Twitter app on your Phone (currently, we can’t start a space session from the web, but can join one)
- Go to the sidebar by clicking the hamburger menu (3 lines), and click on Monetization
- Click on Ticketed Spaces
- Submit your application to enroll for Ticketed Spaces
- Now, Twitter will review your application and will decide to enable ticketed twitter space for your account or not, according to their policies.
So this is how you can host a Ticketed Twitter Space Session for your audience, as of now the feature is only open for creators in the US and will be rolled out to more regions soon. We will update the article once we get access to Ticketed Twitter Space in our region, you can bookmark this page, and come back later to check the updates. Also, you can follow me on Twitter so I can get access to the feature, to update you guys.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.