Stop Contact Joined Telegram or Signal Alerts
You are notified when someone from your contact list joins Signal or Telegram. Thankfully, you can disable these alerts on your phone on both platforms. Read here to know how to stop getting the ‘Contact joined Telegram or Signal’ alerts.
Telegram has this setting using which you can easily turn off the ‘Contact joined’ option. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Telegram app on your phone and tap on the hamburger menu button at the top left corner of the screen.
2. From this menu, select “Settings” and scroll down to “Notifications and Sounds” and tap on it.
3. Now, here scroll down to find ‘Contact joined Telegram’ under Events and tap on the toggle to disable it.
That’s it, now you will not get a new message notification when someone from your contacts joins Telegram.
Signal Messenger also gives you the option to disable the ‘contact joined’ alerts from settings. Here’s how to do the same:
1. Open the Signal Messenger app on your phone and tap on the profile picture icon at the top left side of the screen.
2. From the “Settings” page, select “Notifications”.
3. Now, scroll down to “Contact joins Signal” under the ‘Notify when’ section and disable the toggle next to it.
That’s it, now you won’t receive the alerts on Signal as well. The steps are similar on both Android and iOS versions of the app.
Bonus Tip: Archive Chats
If you don’t want to turn off the “Contact Joined” option on Telegram, and telegram joined messages are filled up on your chat page, you can simply archive those chats when you get the alerts.
To archive the chat, tap and select the chat and then select the three dots menu above. From the menu, select Archive chat.
You can unarchive the chats anytime you want. The Archived chats are located at the top of all the chats. You can tap on the ‘Archived’ option to see these chats and then unarchive them by holding and selecting the option from the three dots menu.
So this was all about how you can stop contact joined Telegram or Signal alerts on your phone. For more such articles, follow us on social media.
You can also read our WhatsApp Vs Telegram Vs Signal comparison that is based on all the features of these messengers to get an idea of which one should you use.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.