Signal Messenger is preferred by many users, now the company has introduced a new feature called Stories which is similar to Instagram Stories or WhatsApp Status. One advantage Signal stories bring is the ability to turn them off, along with some other privacy settings. Meanwhile, you can learn to stop the new contact joined signal notification.
Steps to Turn off Stories in Signal Messenger
The signal messenger is late into the party when it comes to Story/Status related features but eventually, they have introduced it and made it better than others. However, if you want to keep things simple, you can turn these stories off.
Turn off Signal Stories On iOS
Signal Stories is a feature that was announced this week. However, if Stories are not your thing, then you can follow the below-given below to turn it off on iOS.
1. Open the Signal Messenger and switch to the Stories tab on your iPhone, and tap your Profile icon.
2. Now, choose Story privacy from the pop-up menu.
3. In the Story Privacy section, tap the Turn off Stories button.
4. Now, tap the Turn Off and Delete Stories from the pop-up menu to confirm.
Turn off Signal Stories On Android
Similarly, you can follow these steps to turn off and delete Signal Messenger stories on Android.
1. Open Signal Messenger, and switch to the Stories section on your Android Phone.
2. Tap the three-dots menu at the top right corner and select Story Privacy.
3. Under the Story Privacy section, select Turn Off Stories.
4. Now, tap Turn Off and Delete Stories to confirm.
Privacy Settings for Signal Stories
Apart from turning off Stories in Signal, the Signal app offer more controls for the around stories. For example, it allows you to enable or disable read receipt for, or set audience for your stories, etc. Let’s see how to configure these.
Story Privacy (Audience)
This feature gives you the power to set who can watch your stories on Signal. Here’s how you can set it as per your preference.
1. Open the Singal app and go to the Story Privacy section and tap on My Story.
2. Here you can choose from three options:
- All Signal connections – This will share your story with everyone in your Signal contacts.
- All except – This will share your Signal story with everyone except the people you have selected.
- Only Share with – This will share your story with the people you have selected.
Control View receipts
Similar to WhatsApp read receipts, Signal offers you View Receipts. If they are turned off, you won’t be able to see who has viewed your story. Here’s how you can configure it.
1. Open the Singal app and go to the Story Privacy section.
2. Here, you can turn on or turn off the View Receipt toggle, as per your preference.
Q: Can we turn stories Off Stories on Signal?
A: Yes, you can turn off and turn on the Stories feature in the Signal app from Settings, follow the steps mentioned above to do so.
Q: Will the Signal Stories be deleted after turning them off?
A: Yes, stories are not available after disabling them. The app clearly says that the stories will be deleted.
Q: Can I see Signal stories of others, without alerting them?
A: Yes, you can see signal stories while remaining anonymous, by turning off view receipts. However, you won’t see who has seen your story as well.
In the above read, we discussed how you can control the privacy features of Signal Stories or turn them off entirely on Android and iPhone. I hope you liked this article; if you did, share it with your signal friends. Check out other useful tips linked below, and stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more tech tips and tricks.
You might be interested in:
- How to Chat Secretly on WhatsApp, Telegram, and Signal
- How to Send Disappearing Messages on WhatsApp, Telegram and Signal
- Trick to Create and Send Your Own Stickers on Signal Messenger
- How to Turn On or Turn Off Typing Indicator in Signal Messenger
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.