Google has launched its Play Pass service in India today. The subscription service for Play Store apps and games was first introduced in the US back in 2019. With the Play Pass service, one can enjoy more than 1000 apps and games without in-app purchases and ad-free for a recurring monthly or yearly subscription. In this article, we have answered some frequently asked questions about Google Play Pass in India.
Google Play Pass in India
Q. What is Google Play Pass?
Play Pass is a subscription-based service from Google that gives users access to a number of apps and games that will be without ads, in-app purchases, or any other payments. It will offer a collection of over 1000+ apps and games across 41 categories from developers across 59 countries including India.
Q. How much does Google Play Subscription cost in India?
In India, the Play Pass subscription will start at Rs. 99 per month, however, there will be a one-month free trial as well. If you want to try a yearly subscription plan, you will have to pay Rs. 899 for one year. Google also offers a prepaid monthly option at Rs 109 for Indian users.
Q. What are the requirements to subscribe to Google Play Pass?
To buy a Google Play Pass subscription in India, you’ll need:
- An Android device with version 4.4 and above.
- Google Play Store app version 16.6.25 and above.
- A valid payment method in Google Play.
- Same billing and Google Play country. Here’s how to change Google Play country.
- A personal Google account. You can’t subscribe to Play Pass with your work or school account.
Q. How to subscribe to Google Play Pass in India?
Here’s how you can subscribe to Play Pass in India:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
- Now at the top right corner, tap on the profile picture.
- Next, tap on Play Pass and then Get started.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to subscribe.
Note: If you are a new user, you’ll get one month’s free trial. You’ll be charged at the end of your trial period. To avoid charges, you can cancel your subscription before the trial period ends.
Q. How to create Family Library in Google Play Pass?
You can also share your Google Play Pass subscription with your family members using a family library. You can share a Play Pass subscription with up to five other family members. To start a family library:
- Open the Google Play Store app and tap the profile picture at the top right.
- Now tap Settings and then Family.
- After that, tap on Sign up for Family Library.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a family library.
If the family manager subscribes to Play Pass, other family members need to activate their Play Pass before using it. For this, they need to accept the family group invitation via email or SMS and after that go to Play Store and activate Play Pass for their account.
Q. How to cancel Google Play Pass subscription?
You can cancel your Play Pass subscription any time:
- Open the Google Play Store app and tap on the profile picture.
- In the menu, select Payments & subscriptions.
- After that, tap on Subscriptions and then on Play Pass.
- Lastly, tap on Cancel subscription.
Note: If the family manager cancels the subscription, the family members will no longer have Play Pass access.
Q. What are some popular apps and games available on Play Pass?
Some well-known apps and games on Play Pass are Terraria, Monument Valley, Risk, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, AccuWeather, Jungle Adventures, World Cricket Battle 2, Unit Converter, AudioLab, Photo Studio Pro, Kingdom Rush Frontiers TD, etc.
Q. How to use apps and games in Google Play Pass?
When you subscribe to Play Pass, you’ll get access to thousands of games and apps available in this service without ads or in-app purchases. However, you should note that Play Pass gives you access to select apps and games and their availability may vary depending on your region.
Google has also added a new Play Pass tab for subscribers on the Play Store.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- At the bottom, you will see a new tab- Play Pass. Tap on it.
- Now select an app and at the top of the app’s details, you’ll find a Play Pass logo.
All the available apps and games can be found on this Play Pass homepage or in the Play Store with the logo.
So this was all about the Google Play Pass service in India. If you want to enjoy ad-free premium apps and games, you can try a subscription plan from Google.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.