Snapchat users can now share youtube videos directly from the Youtube app to their stories or send them alongside snaps to their friends. Earlier, when someone wanted to send a youtube video on Snapchat, they had to copy the link from youtube and then paste it into the snapchat app. So now there are two ways to share youtube videos on snapchat. Let’s see how these ways work!
Ways to Share Youtube Videos on Snapchat
Share Directly From Youtube App
With the latest development, when you tap the Share button on the YouTube app, you will see a new Snapchat option among the other apps. So here’s how you can share the video with your friends on Snapchat:
1. Open the Youtube app on your phone and go to the video that you want to share.
2. Now, tap on the Share button below the video.
3. After that, you will see several apps to share the video, and choose Snapchat.
4. It will take you to the Snapchat app and open the camera.
5. Click the snap to send, and the video thumbnail will be automatically added to your snap.
6. Then you can share it with your friends or share it as your story.
Your friends can tap on the video thumbnail and it will play the video in the in-app browser.
Copy and Paste Video Link
This is the older method to share Youtube videos on Snapchat. In this method, you first need to copy the video link from Youtube and paste it onto the snap page. Here’s how:
1. Open the Youtube app on your phone and go to the video you want to share.
2. Tap on the Share button and then select Copy Link.
3. Now open the Snapchat app and it will open your camera so click your snap.
4. Once you click the snap, tap on the paper clip or attachment icon from the side.
5. On the next page, paste the Youtube video URL that you copied and hit enter.
6. It will open that video preview in the in-app browser, and you can tap on Attach to Snap option from the bottom.
Now you will see a video preview or sticker on your snap and you can share it with your friends.
The only difference between these two methods will be the video preview. The preview will be smaller in this case.
So as you can see this old method takes more time to share a video. That’s why Snapchat has announced this new feature to share the video directly from the Youtube app. Recently, Snapchat also announced a new feature to share live location with friends.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.