After introducing BHIM app successfully on Android, now the app is ready for the iOS users as well. The app is currently supporting 35 banks and available only in Hindi and English language. According to reports, more languages and banks will be added soon. Just like the Android version, the limit per transaction is Rs 10,000 and Rs 20,000 in a day.
How To Download?
The BHIM app for iOS is available on the Apple App Store here. The app is free and you can download from the store directly. One should be vigilant about the logo and the keyword, as multiple applications are pushed in the app store with a range of similarities. The app size is 9.8MB, which makes it slightly heavier than the Android version.
How It Does BHIM for iOS Work?
The iOS version of BHIM app works in a similar fashion as the Android version. Here are the steps to perform different actions on the app.
How to Register And Send Money via BHIM for iOS
- After downloading the app, you will be asked to select the preferred language.
- You can only choose between English and Hindi.
- The next step asks for your phone verification
- After verifying, you will be asked to set up a passcode
- Select the bank from the list
- After selecting the bank, select the preferred account if you have multiple accounts in the same bank
- Now you will be asked to set up a 4-digit UPI PIN
- You can either send, request, scan and pay through this app
- The send option allows you to transfer money to anyone with a mobile number (registered with the bank) or a UPI Payment Address
- The option of verifying the specific payment address is also present
- You can now enter the amount, UPI PIN and click send
How To Request Money via BHIM for iOS
- One can also request the payment in similar order
- After requesting, the payee will receive a request with your virtual payment address
- To authenticate the request, the payer will have to login to their mobile banking application
- The payment will be made in the similar fashion
How To Scan & Pay Money via BHIM for iOS
Just like any other digital payment platform, the BHIM iOS app has the option of scanning the QR codes and making the payment. After scanning, you need to follow the above-mentioned steps to authenticate the payment.
Other features Of BHIM iOS App
Apart from making transactions, the BHIM iOS app has a feature of My Information column. This highlights all the transactions made by the user through the app along with the pendind ones. The profile section also gives your unique QR code and default UPI payment address. This you can share with other users to receive the payment.
The Bank Account section is integrated to allow users to reset or change the UPI PIN and checking account balance. If a user has changed the UPI PIN in any other app, then one can sync it to update it on the BHIM app from this section.
For now, you cannot operate multiple accounts simultaneously. If you need to switch then click on the three dots on iOS (More) – choose Change Account. Under this option, you can select the preferred account from the list. Once setting the UPI passcode, a user will not be asked to do it again.
Recommended: BHIM App FAQ, All Possible Queries Answered
List Of Banks With UPI Support
For now, the following banks are listed:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank Of Baroda
- Bank Of India
- Bank Of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- Central Bank Of India
- City Union Bank
- DCB Bank
- Dena Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- IDFC Bank
- Indian BAnk
- Indian Overseas Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kitak Mahindra Bank
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- RBL Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- State Bank Of India (SBI)
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank Of INdia
- UNited Bank Of INdia
- Vijaya Bank
- Yes Bank
- City Union Bank
So, these are the basic features and steps to use the BHIM iOS App. In the near future, the app will be updated with more languages and banks. Compared to the Android version, the BHIM iOS app lacks in the security benchmark. The added security features in the Android version includes the option of disabling the visibility of the mobile number in the UPI address and option of restoring forgotten passcode. It also offers the option of reversing a payment received.