Today we got a bunch of options to secure our smartphones. Some of them are really secure like a PIN, fingerprint lock, passcode, and IRIS scanner while some of them are just for flaunting like the Face Unlock.
Well, face unlocks got mainstream, and most of the smartphone already got that feature, even the budget smartphones under Rs 10,000. Now you won’t stand out among your friends if you unlock your smartphone with your face.
Don’t worry, we got you covered, we will tell you a new way to unlock your smartphone to rub it on your friends’ clueless faces. Here is a simple guide to setup voice unlock feature on your Android smartphone. To get this feature up and running on your smartphone, your phone should be running the Android 7.0 Nougat or the latest version of Android.
Caution: The voice unlocks feature is even less secure than the face unlock feature, so we recommend you not to use it as a permanent security option on your smartphone.
Steps to set up voice unlock on your Android smartphone
- Go to the Settings app and navigate to Security > Smart Lock option (some smartphones come with different settings menu, search for Smartlock in Settings menu.)
- If the Smart Lock feature is disabled and you cannot access it then, set up a fingerprint or PIN security if you haven’t done it yet.
- In Smart Lock feature, first, enter the smartphone’s PIN or use a fingerprint to open the menu.
- Tapping on the Voice Match option will navigate you to the ‘Ok Google’ detection settings.
- Enable with voice match option and you will be asked to train the voice model and say the phrase four times.
There you go, now you can unlock your smartphone with your voice only, there is no need to lift your smartphone and line up with your face to unlock it.
Just say the phrase ‘Ok Google’ or ‘Hey Google’ to open your smartphone, and the Google Assistant will be there to help you.