Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 11 update for some smartphones and there are a bunch of Xiaomi smartphones that are getting this update.
If you haven’t received this update yet then don’t worry, the update is now available to download and can be sideloaded to the phone. The update hasn’t reached India yet so you have to sideload the update via a custom recovery.
MIUI 11 Features
- The user interface is a bit cleaner than before, the icons are redesigned and the settings menu is new.
- New adaptive notification sounds change according to the weather which you can turn on/off from the settings.
- There is a new screencasting feature that lets you control your slides from your smartphone right when you are casting it.
- A document viewer is included so you don’t have to install a third-party app from the store.
- Make sure that you have the bootloader unlocked and TWRP custom recovery installed on your phone.
- Create a complete backup of all your important data of your phone so you won’t lose any of it.
- The MIUI 11 for Redmi Note 7 Pro is based on Android 9 Pie so do not expect Android 10 features.
- This process voids warranty and you won’t get any official updates later on. But don’t worry you will be able to sideload updates on your phone.
Steps to install the MIUI 11 on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Download the MIUI 11 update package and save it on your phone’s internal memory.
- Reboot your phone to the TWRP recovery mode and reset the system using the Wipe option.
- After that, use the Install option to install the MIUI 11 package.
- You will get an option to reboot your phone after the installation.
- Reboot the phone and you will get to the MIUI 11 welcome screen. From there you can set up your phone.
The MIUI 11 does not change the Android version on Redmi Note 7 Pro so you won’t be getting the new Android features. But MIUI 11 is still feature full so you won’t feel like missing any feature on your smartphone. If you don’t feel like unlocking the bootloader on your phone then don’t worry, you will get the update on your phone in the coming weeks.