Facebook has launched the Messenger Rooms service which allows you to make video calls to up to 50 contacts at a time. This feature also has been launched for Instagram and now WhatsApp has this feature so you can create rooms in WhatsApp calls. This allows the user to create or join a messenger Room call right into WhatsApp.
Steps to Setup Messenger Rooms in WhatsApp
- Update your WhatsApp from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the WhatsApp app and select the Calls tab from the top.
- Now tap Create a Room option and then choose to Continue in Messenger.
- Tap on Try it button when prompted then tap on Create Room and enter the Room name.
- Now tap on Send Link on the WhatsApp button.
- Here you can search and add contacts to which you want to connect to in the Messenger Room.
Steps to Join a Messenger Room in WhatsApp
- If you got a link to join the Messenger Room then go to that particular chat.
- Tap on the link to join that Messenger Room.
- This will take you to the Messenger, confirm when prompted.
This is how you can set up your own Messenger Room directly from the WhatsApp app. You can also join them from the WhatsApp only if you got a link to join one.
Also, read- How to Make WhatsApp Voice, Video Calls