Android devices have the ability to do many tasks and that’s why these phones are slowly replacing laptops for many reasons. There are plenty of such tasks that you can do on your phone like attending meetings, recording audio, and video, etc. So if you are a content creator and use your phone for recording, you might want to know how to record and edit audio on your Android phone. The good news is that you don’t have to buy something for this and you can do this simply with the help of some apps.
Also, read | 3 Working Apps to Change Voice Tone For Free
Record and Edit High-Quality Audio on Android
There are plenty of apps available on the Google Play Store that offer the capability of recording voice but here we are listing the best of those apps. Moreover, the apps we are listing also have some added features, editing being one of those. Read on to know these apps!
1. Voice Recorder
This is one of the best audio recorder app available out there for sound recording with high quality. The Voice Recorder app is free and easy to use. You can record your video meetings, personal notes, lectures, as well as songs without any limits.
- High-quality recording: This app records voice with high quality whether it is your voice or some other audio like songs and meetings.
- Easy to Use: The app has a simple user interface and it is very easy. With just a few taps you can record your voice and edit it as well.
- Supported operations: The app supports mp3, Ogg file formats. It has supported operations like Play, Pause, Stop and edit an audio file. You can also record in the background.
- Share your recording: You can save and share a voice recording via email, SMS, Facebook, Whatsapp, Dropbox, etc.
- Other tools: Live audio spectrum analyzer, mp3 encoding with adjustable sample rate (8-44 kHz), microphone gain calibration.
2. Smart Recorder
This is another free and easy-to-use audio recorder available for Android smartphones with a clean and simple user interface. Smart Recorder is specially designed for high-quality and long-time recordings.
- Skip silence: With the Skipping silence feature you can shorten recordings by removing the relative silence from it and has automatic and manual sensitivity control in this mode.
- Tech specs: Live audio spectrum analyzer, Wave/PCM encoding with adjustable sample rate (8-44 kHz), Microphone gain calibration tool.
- Supporting operations: Save/Pause/Resume/Cancel recording process, recording in the background even when the display is off.
- Other features: Efficient and Battery saving, recording time & available space on your storage, Straightforward recordings list with many sharing options, Launcher shortcut to start recording in one tap.
3. Dolby On
Dolby On is one of the best apps for recording high-quality audio and edit it on your phone. It lets you record voice, songs, instrument sounds, podcasts, and more with high-quality cutting-edge Dolby technology. The app is also free to use and the best thing about it that it has no ads.
- Easy to use: You can effortlessly record music, voice, videos, podcasts, and more with this app with its easy-to-use audio recorder.
- Audio editor: After you’re done with recording, you can use the audio editor to enhance and improve it with Dolby technology. You can even import other audio clips into Dolby On to edit, enhance, and improve them with Dolby tech.
- Customize your recording: You can also customize your recording whether it is voice, music, or video with free music studio audio effects and an audio editor. It offers a suite of automatic studio effects.
- Share your recording: When you’re done, export the recording and easily share it via Facebook, Instagram, SoundCloud, email, and more.
4. Recorder by Google
Google announced the Recorder app with its Pixel 4 series phones. The Recorder app is currently available only for Pixel series. The app offers several unique features such as auto transcription, the power of search on audio recording, and editing it. You can easily record meetings, lectures, songs, family memories and listen to them anytime.
- Record anything: You can record any type of audio with this app, including your voice, music, lectures, classes, etc.
- Auto transcription: The app offers instant transformation of audio into text so that you can read it without playing it. It is fast, easy, and even works offline.
- Search the Audio: The best feature is you can search anything in-between your recording whether it is a speech, music, applause, laughter, or any other thing. yOu can search via text using the transcribe feature.
- Edit Recordings: The app also offers editing feature. You can edit your recording’s transcript and your audio will automatically change. You can save the parts you need and remove the bits you don’t need.
- Backup Recordings: You can backup your recording to Google drive with just a simple tap.
These were the best ways to record and edit high-quality audio on your Android phone. If we missed any of the best audio recording apps, you can tell us that in the comments below, and for more app lists, stay tuned with us!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.