At the Google I/O 2021 event back in May, the search giant made a number of announcements and one of the features was deleting search history for a shorter period. Now, Google will let users delete just the last minutes of their search history by tapping a button in the Google app. The feature is currently limited to Google’s iOS app. So, here’s how you can delete the last 15 minutes of your Google search history.
Delete Last 15 Minutes of Google Search History
To recall, Google already lets you delete search history ranging from 24 hours to all time. Apart from that, Google also lets you auto-delete your search history after 3, 18, or 36 months options.
But now, if you want, you can delete just the last 15 minutes, in case someone asks for your phone and you don’t want him or her to know what you were searching for.
Here’s how you can enable this feature on your iPhone:
Steps to Delete Last 15 of Google Search History
1. Open the updated Google app on your iPhone.
2. Now, tap on your profile picture icon at the top.
3. On the pop-up menu, you will now see a new option “Delete last 15 min” under Search history, tap on it.
That’s it, your last 15 minutes of activity on the Google app will be deleted in just a tap.
This is how you can delete the last 15 minutes of Google search history on your phone. As mentioned above, this feature is currently available only on iOS and we don’t know when Google will roll out for Android. But it will also come on Android very soon.
Delete Recent Google Search History on Android
On Android, you cannot delete just the last 15 minutes, but you can delete that day’s history, or a custom range, or all-time history. Here’s how to do this:
1. Open the Google app on your Android phone.
2. Now, tap on your profile picture icon at the top right corner.
3. On the pop-up menu, select Search History.
4. Now, you will see the Delete option here and when you tap on it, you will see three options- Delete today, Delete Custom Range, or Delete All Time.
Tap on your preferred option and your Google search history will be deleted for that period. You can even disable Google History for your Google account.
This was all about deleting the recent Google search history on Android and iOS. For more such Google tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.