After the announcement of the mobile number Aadhaar linking, you cannot get a new SIM card without an Aadhaar card in India. You can issue multiple numbers on their Aadhaar, but what if someone else is using a number issued on your Aadhaar? How do you know? Well, now it's possible with the help of DoT's new portal that helps users to find out how many numbers are linked to their Aadhaar.
Find How Many Phone Numbers Linked to Your Aadhaar
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has launched a new web portal to help consumers check the mobile connections allotted on their names. Named as “Telegram Analytics for Fraud Management & Consumer Protection (TAFCOP)”, this web portal lets you not only check mobile numbers on your name but also report them.
Also, Read | How Check if Someone Is Using Your Aadhaar Card
Steps to Check Mobile Numbers Linked to Aadhaar
Here's a step-by-step guide to find out phone numbers linked to your Aadhaar card:
1. Visit the TOFCOP website.
2. Now enter your phone number in the given box on the home page.
3. Click on “Request OTP” and DoT will send an OTP on your phone number.
4. On the next page, enter the OTP to validate your number.
5. That's it. The portal will display the list of phone numbers associated with your Aadhaar card. Consumers can report the numbers that are not in use from here.
As per DoT guidelines, individual subscribers can register up to nine mobile connections in their name and those having more than nine connections will be informed by SMS.
Those subscribers can also report if their numbers are not being used by themselves or not in use. They can visit the TAFCOP portal for the same and also check the status of their request.
Note: This service is currently available only for Telangana and Andhra Pradesh consumers.
Alternate Method: UIDAI Website
You can also check on the UIDAI website (official Aadhaar website) where your Aadhaar card has been used in the past six months.
1. Visit the UIDAI website and then under the “My Aadhaar” tab, and then under “Aadhaar Services”, click on “Aadhaar Authentication History”.
2. On the new page, enter your Aadhaar number, security captcha, and click on “Send OTP”.
3. Next, select Authentication type, date range, and enter the number of records.
That's it. Now UIDAI will show you a list of services where your Aadhaar number has been used in the past six months.
These were the ways to check how many phone numbers are linked to your Aadhaar card. If you have any queries regarding this new service, you can reach out in the comments!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.