If you are using Google Pay or GPay, you might know that whenever a new person from your contact list joins this app, you get an alert that particular contact is now GPay, please send him/her Re. 1 welcome gift. Apart from this Google Pay also sends several other alerts and notifications in form of tips, offers, etc. So if you want to stop notification alerts from Google Pay, here’s what you can do.
Stop Notification Alerts from Google Pay
You can stop all kinds of notifications from Google Pay but still, you should not do that. In this guide, we’ll tell you which notifications to mute and which ones to allow. Apart from this, there are some bonus tips too.
Steps to Turn off Contact Joined Alerts
1. Open Google Pay on your phone.
2. Tap on your profile picture at the top right corner.
3. Now, select “Settings” by tapping on it.
4. From the Settings select “Notifications & emails”.
5. Now, on the next page, disable the toggle next to “Friends’ activity”.
If you want to disable all the useless notifications from Google Pay, just turn off the toggles next to options like “Google Pay Tips” and “Offers & rewards “. However, you can keep alerts for bill reminders and transactions for your record.
Bonus Tip: Stop People From Adding You to Groups
Apart from making payments and paying bills, Google Pay can also be used for chatting with friends. So if some workless bunch of people adds you to the GPay group, you might also start getting chat and other alerts.
Here’s how to stop them from adding you to a group:
1. Again go to Google Pay Setting page as mentioned above.
2. Now, tap on “Privacy & Security”.
3. On the next page, select “How people find you on Google Pay”.
4. Then turn off the toggle next to “Allow people to add you to groups”.
That’s it. You can also stop people from discovering on Google Pay by disabling the respective toggle here. However, we won’t recommend doing so because when someone will be trying to send you payment for the first time, you won’t appear.
So this is how you can top contact joined alerts and other notifications from Google Pay. Do use the safety tips that we mentioned above. For more tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.