We receive a lot of notifications on your smartphone throughout the day and sometimes you clear them up without looking. The notification might be important but you just dismissed it. So how you are going to know about that notification now? We will not leave you stranded thinking about what that notification may be. Here are some quick tricks that let you check notification history even after dismissing them from the notification drawer.
View Notification History on Android
Table of Contents
The notification which you have dismissed already can’t be found before enabling this feature unless your phone supports it. Here are two working ways to view notification history on Android.
1. Using Notification Log Shortcut
1. Unlock your phone and go to the Home screen.
2. Tap and hold on to the empty area on the home screen and select Widgets from the options.
3. Look for the Settings widget and put it on on the home screen.
4. You will see a list of shortcuts to choose from, select the Notification Log.
5. Now you have a Notification log shortcut on your home screen.
This shortcut will take you to the notification log and there you can see a lot of information about the dismissed notification.
Also, read | How to Disable Notifications While Gaming on Android
2. Notification History Log App
If you can’t use the above method, you have to use this app on your smartphone to check the notification log. In this method, you won’t be able to see your prior notification which you received before installing this app.
Here’s how to use this app to check notification history on Android:
1. Download and install the app from Play Store.
2. Now, open it and agree to its Terms & conditions.
3. Tap on next and then enable permissions. When you allow notification access for this app, it will be able to read all notifications. Tap on Allow if you are ok with it.
4. Now, open the app again and go to Advanced History and you will see all app’s notifications there.
This app records all the notifications for you so you can go inside the app and check it out. Notification History Log app comes with a bunch of features that will help you sort and read the text on the notification easily. However, the app also shows you ads, which may be a downside for many.
This is how you can check a notification history log on your Android smartphone. This way you won’t miss any notification on your smartphone even if you have dismissed it accidentally. For more such tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.