One of the common dissatisfaction complaints that the 12-digit unique identification number (Aadhaar) holders have is regarding their photo. Often, the photo associated with their Aadhaar card is either blurry or too dark to be visible. However, UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has cleared that the Aadhaar cardholders can now change their photos. In this article, you will learn how to change the photo on your Aadhaar Card. Additionally, you can also find how many phone numbers are linked to your Aadhaar.
How to Change Your Photo on Aadhaar Card
Follow these simple steps to update/change your photo on the Aadhaar Card as listed by UIDAI.
- Open uidai.gov.in in your web browser.
- Navigate your cursor to the My Aadhaar section.
- Click on the Aadhaar Enrollment/Update form to download the form.
- Print the downloaded form on an A4 sheet and fill in the entries.
- Next, we need to book an appointment online to provide this updated form to an Aadhaar representative.
- Visit uidai.gov.in again and navigate to the My Aadhaar section.
- Click on Book an Appointment to set your appointment date with the representative.
- Choose your location from the drop-down list and click on Proceed to Book Appointment.
- Enter your mobile number and corresponding OTP to successfully book your appointment online.
- On visiting the appointed center, the representative will verify your details and take your live photo.
- An administrative charge of Rs. 100 plus GST is charged for the process.
- The representative will issue you a unique Update Request Number (URN) along with an acknowledgment slip.
- You can track your update progress online with the help of this Update Request Number.
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar enrollment Centre.
- Request for an Aadhaar enrollment form to update/change your photo on the Aadhaar card.
- Fill out the form and hand it to the Aadhaar representative.
- The representative will verify your biometric details and take a live photo.
- An administrative charge of Rs. 100 plus GST is charged.
- You will get an acknowledgment slip along with URN (Update Request Number) to track your changes online.
Steps to Download Updated Aadhaar
- Visit uidai.gov.in in your web browser.
- Navigate your cursor to the My Aadhaar section and click on Download Aadhaar.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on Send OTP button.
- To get a masked digital copy of your Aadhaar, make sure to check the mask Aadhaar option.
- Complete the survey and click on the download button to get your digital Aadhaar Card copy.
In this article, you have learned how to change your photo on the Aadhar card. If this article has helped you in understanding the process for Aadhaar card updation, then hit the like button and share this among your friends to help them and save their time during the whole process. As always, stay tuned for more articles like this one.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.