Uber has started a new service that allows people to book an Uber cab via WhatsApp. Riders will be able to book rides without installing the Uber app, just like they can use mobile sites to book Uber. Uber’s WhatsApp chatbot will offer everything from booking a ride, driver details, location tracking, and canceling a trip within the chat interface. The service is currently available in Lucknow, UP, and will soon be introduced all across India next year. Here’s an easy step-by-step guide on how to book uber using WhatsApp.
Book Uber Cab Using WhatsApp
The Uber booking on WhatsApp service is available for both new and existing customers who register with their phone number. They can book an Uber cab or auto in three simple ways and then the process is similar.
1. Send ‘Hi’ to +91 7292000002 on WhatsApp or click this link on your phone or scan the QR code on the Uber website.
2. Now, the Uber chatbot on WhatsApp will open.
3. If you have already sent Hi to it, you will receive an OTP on your phone, send it here.
4. Once you enter the OTP, it will ask you to enter your pickup location.
5. Send your accurate location using the in-built feature in WhatsApp.
6. Confirm your pickup address from the given options with numbers.
7. After that, enter the dropoff location of your ride and confirm it too.
8. Now you can either change, cancel the request or confirm it so Uber can find rides for you.
9. Wait for a while after confirming and Uber will show you the ride options with fare and estimated time of arrival.
10. Choose your preferred option and Uber will share the ride details including the vehicle number and driver’s contact number with you.
You can also cancel this ride or, get emergency help from Uber from the given options. Apart from these, you’ll get all the safety features and insurance as the official Uber app. You will also be able to track the driver coming to pick you up.
However, there are some limitations like the payment method is currently cash only and the option to book a ride is available only in the English language. Hopefully, Uber will soon expand this service to other Indian cities as well as to new languages too.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.