If you frequently upload YouTube videos on your channel and are tired of receiving inappropriate/abusive comments on your videos then this article is for you. In this read, we have listed the top 3 methods to stop and block abusive comments and words on your YouTube videos.
Also, Read | 3 Ways to Bring Back Dislike Count on YouTube Videos
Ways to Stop Abusive Comments on YouTube Video
Use YouTube Creator Studio to Filter Inappropriate Comments
YouTube offers the YouTube Studio to its creators which is an entire workspace for managing all your uploaded videos in one place. Using this online tool, you can easily manage all your comments on your videos and filter out the inappropriate ones. Follow these easy steps to achieve the same.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and access the YouTube Creator Studio by signing in with your appropriate Google account.
- In the left sidebar, expand the Content option and locate the video in which you wish to moderate the comments.
- Hover your mouse over your uploaded video and click on the Pen icon to open the video details.
- Scroll down and click on the Show More option.
- Further, scroll down to locate the Comments and Rating section and click on the Comment Visibility option.
- Choose ‘Hold potentially inappropriate comments for review‘ and Save changes.
- That’s it. YouTube will now use its own algorithm to filter and separate all the potentially inappropriate/abusive comments and will put them in the comment review section.
Add Specific Words to Your Block List to Avoid Abusive Comments
YouTube Studio also offers the option to filter out comments from viewers containing a specific word or a phrase. You can add this keyword or phrase to the community blocklist to filter out all the inappropriate/abusive comments on your uploaded videos. Follow these steps for an easy fix.
- Open YouTube Creator Studio in a new tab and sign in with your preferred YouTube account.
- Click on the Settings option in the left sidebar.
- Inside the popup window, click on the Community option and scroll down to locate the Blocked Words section.
- Enter the inappropriate word or phrase that you don’t wish to see in your comments. Click on the Save button to save changes to your channel.
- That’s it. YouTube will now automatically block all such comments on your videos containing your blocked word or phrase.
Make Use of the Comments Section to Manually Filter Comments
Another effective method to deal with all the inappropriate/abusive comments on your uploaded YouTube videos is to review them manually and report them to YouTube. In addition to this, you can also hide comments from that user on your YouTube videos that are visible publicly.
- Click on the Comments button in the left sidebar of the YouTube Creator Studio to open all the received comments on your YouTube Videos.
- Open the desired uploaded video by clicking on it and further locate the comment that you find inappropriate/abusive.
- Click on the three-dot icon in front of the inappropriate comment and choose Report.
- Specify the reason for reporting the comment and click on the Report button to confirm it.
- In addition to reporting, you can also click on the Hide User from Channel option to hide the user’s publicly posted comment on your videos.
Bonus: Disable Comments on Your YouTube Videos
If you don’t have the time to review inappropriate comments and wish to turn off the comments section altogether, then you can easily achieve it by disabling comments on YouTube. Follow these simple steps to disable comments on your uploaded videos on YouTube.
- Open the desired YouTube video details inside the Creator Studio and scroll down to click on Show More Options.
- Scroll further down to locate the Comments and Rating section and click on the Comment Visibility option.
- Choose Disable Comments from the list and save changes. This will disable the entire comments section for your chosen video.
Wrapping Up: Healthy YouTube Environment
We hope that you’ve now successfully learned to stop inappropriate comments and words using the above-listed methods. If this article has helped you in ensuring a healthy YouTube workspace for you then, hit the Like button and share this read among your friends as well. Stay tuned for more such informative reads.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.