Amazon Prime Video service has significantly improved over time providing exclusive content at the tip of your fingers. It also provides you the option to add various premium channels like HBO, Discovery+, SHOWTIME, CBS, and a lot more without having to download individual apps for each channel. However, these channels sometimes get a bit uneasy “on your pocket”. To avoid such circumstances, we have come up with two effective ways to cancel premium channels on the Prime Video.
What are Premium Channels and their Benefits?
The Premium Channels are the popular and exclusive video channels that are available for Prime members to add. You can choose from over 100+ different channels such as HBO, Discovery+, LionsgatePlay, Erosnow, etc, and stream their content online using the Prime Video app. In addition to the available content, some channels also provide the Live TV service allowing you to watch original content in real-time.
However, a prime member has to pay extra charges for each individual channel as a subscription fee. If you no longer feel the need to watch a particular channel, you can easily cancel it. With that being said, let’s have a look at the 2 effective methods through which you can cancel premium channels and save a few bucks.
Ways to Cancel Premium Channels on Prime Video
Using Your Desktop/Laptop
1. Access Prime Video in a new tab on your web browser and sign in with your Amazon account.
2. Next, click on your profile icon in the top-right corner and press the Account & Settings option to configure it.
3. Sign in with your Amazon credentials again and click on the Channels tab.
4. Next, click on the Cancel Channel button next to your subscribed channel to cancel it.
Using Your Android Smartphone
1. Open the Prime Video app on your Android smartphone and tap on the ‘My Stuff’ tab located at the bottom right corner.
2. Next, tap on the Gear icon to open app settings.
3. Further, press the Manage your Prime Video Channels option to configure it.
4. Sign in with your Amazon account and tap on your subscribed premium channel to cancel it. Confirm your action by pressing the Cancel Channel button.
Q. Can you access Premium Channels after canceling their subscription?
Yes, you can access premium channels till the expiration date of your current channel subscription. After that, you have to subscribe to the channel again.
Q. Will you receive any Refund after canceling a premium channel on the Amazon Prime Video?
Unfortunately no, Amazon doesn’t provide any refunds or returns after canceling a prime video channel.
Q. Can you access Premium Channels without the Prime membership?
No, you must have an Amazon Prime membership before accessing and subscribing to the premium channels.
Q. What happens to your purchased Premium Channels if you cancel your Amazon Prime membership?
If you cancel your current Amazon Prime membership, all your streaming content along with purchased channels will be gone as well.
Q. Do Premium Channels subscriptions renew automatically like the Prime Video subscription?
No, unlike Amazon Prime membership, you need to manually renew a subscription to the premium video channel.
Q. Do you have to pay extra for the Premium Channels on Prime Video?
Yes, premium channels aren’t included in the Amazon prime membership and you have to purchase your favorite prime video channels by paying some extra subscription fees.
That’s a Wrap
We hope that you’ve now learned to easily cancel the premium channel subscription on your Amazon Prime video membership to avoid unnecessary billing charges using the methods listed above. If this detailed write-up has aided you to save some extra bucks, then hit the like button and share this guide with your friends to be their helping hand. Subscribe to Gadgets To Use for more awesome content.
- How to Use Watch Party in Amazon Prime Video to Stream Movies With Friends
- How to Add Profiles on Amazon Prime Video
- How to Check if Your Phone Supports HD Streaming on Netflix, Prime Video
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.