Checking live train status for your journey is as important as booking one. If you travel by train in India and are concerned about its live status to avoid missing it, this read is precisely what you need. In this guide, we have demonstrated the three best ways to check the live train status in India. You can also learn to know online directions using Google Maps while traveling for assisted guidance.
Ways To Check Live Train Status In India
If you search the internet to check your booked train’s live status, you will find lots of websites and apps claiming to display it. Most of these sources provide inaccurate or outdated information that might cost you your entire journey. But, worry not for we have researched reliable methods to check the live train status in India. With that being said, let’s have a look at different platforms that you can use to get your desired train updates.
On Android Smartphones
‘Where is my Train’ App
“Where is my Train” is among the most popular Android apps used for tracking live train status and upcoming schedules with or without the presence of a working internet connection? In addition, the app offers useful features such as destination alarms and a speedometer to provide a better insight into the desired train status.
Here’s how you can install this app and use it at your convenience:
1. Install the “Where is my Train” app from Google Play Store and tap on it to open it.
2. Choose your preferred language and tap on the Submit button to land on the app’s homepage.
3. Type the name of your source and destination stations to find all the available trains. Alternatively, you can type the train no. or name in the search field to find your train.
4. Once searched, you can find the current live status of your running train and all the associated details such as platform number, designated time of arrival, and duration of the stoppage.
5. You can also tap on the alarm icon to notify you before you reach your desired station.
National Train Enquiry System (NTES) App
The NTES app is an official app from the Indian Railways using which you can plan your journey and track the live status of your desired train in real-time. Follow these simple steps to use this official app to know about your train status details.
1. Install the NTES official app from the Google Play Store and open it.
2. Next, tap on the Spot your Train option.
3. Enter the train number and choose your station from the list to board the train. Tap on the Show Status button to view its live status.
4. You can instantly view the current station at which your train is situated. To know a detailed report about all the stations and their associated platform numbers, press the Show Full Running button at the bottom.
5. You can now track the live status of your train with respect to its live position, designated time of arrival, departure, and duration spent on each platform.
On iOS Devices (iPhone/iPad)
Similar to Android devices, there are lots of apps on the iOS platform that claims to track and display the live status of your train in India. Two such reliable apps from the list of those are as follows.
The RailYatri app has turned out to be the first choice among iOS users to book their train journey and track its status in real-time. In addition, this app can help you to get instant ticket availabilities for special trains and track their PNR status.
Here’s how you can utilize this app:
1. Install the RailYatri app from the Apple App Store and open the app.
2. Next, click on the Train Status option to access the live tracking page.
3. Enter the name or number of your booked train in the search bar at the top. Alternatively, you can type the source and destination station names to find your booked train.
4. Tap on the Search button to view the current live status of your chosen train.
5. You can now view all the related info on your selected train such as its current position, arrival/departure time, and existing delays in real-time.
Use the Google Maps App
Google Maps undoubtedly is the most trustworthy and reliable companion to assist you while traveling. With its new and improved features, you finally have the option to track your train in real-time and check its live updates on iOS devices. Here’s how you can use this app to your advantage.
1. Install and open the Google Maps app from the Apple App Store.
2. Next, enter your desired destination in the search bar and press the Directions button.
3. Enter your current location and press the train icon in the searched routes to know all the available trains on your chosen route.
4. Tap on your booked train name to know its live running status including any delay reminders.
5. Additionally, you can expand the train in the search results to know about every minute detail such as platform number, time of arrival, etc.
On the Web
If you don’t have your smartphone around you but wish to check the live status of your running train, then you can gather all the required details through reliable websites. With that being said, let’s have a look at two of them.
Use the official NTES Website
Similar to its app, you can make use of the official NTES website by Indian Railways to track the live status of your booked train. Here’s how:
1. Access the NTES website in a new tab on your web browser.
2. Next, enter the train name or number in the designated field and choose your journey station.
3. You can now see the live status of your desired train including details such as current station, delay, next station, and many more details.
Make Use of ixigo Train Tracking Utility
In addition to the official NTES website, you can try reliable third-party train tracking utilities such as ixigo. Here’s how you can use the ixigo live train tracking utility on the web to gather live details on any train in India.
1. Access the ixigo website to open its live train tracking utility.
2. Next, enter your train number/name and click on the Search button to view its live running status.
3. You can now view the live status of your chosen train with crucial details such as station name, arrival/departure status, delay, and halts.
Bonus Tip: Book Train Tickets Using Paytm
Besides the official IRCTC app, you can quickly book train tickets using the Paytm app on your smartphone. Here’s how you can achieve the same:
1. Open the Paytm app on your phone and scroll down to locate Rail Tickets under the Ticket Booking section.
2. Next, enter your desired stations and pick the date for your journey.
3. Press the Search button to find the list of all the available trains.
4. Choose your preferred train and tap on the available slot to book a ticket.
5. Enter the required details such as IRCTC id, Passenger name, and tap on the Proceed to Book button to navigate to the payment page.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions for completing your payment.
Voila! You’ve successfully booked yourself a train ticket using the Paytm app.
Final Remarks: Never Miss a Train Anymore
We hope that you’ve now learned to successfully track the live status of your trains on different devices using the above-listed methods for an enhanced travel experience in India. If you find this read helpful, share it with your loved ones to help them make their travel experience more blissful. Stay tuned for more informative walkthroughs.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.