Be it your work colleague or someone whom you are trying to escape, hiding your online WhatsApp status certainly helps prove your argument of ‘digital absence' later. If you've been searching for a way to achieve the same, you've arrived at the right spot. This read will discuss how to hide your WhatsApp Online Status from a Specific Contact. In addition, you can also learn to hide your last seen for some WhatsApp contacts.
How to Hide WhatsApp Online Status From a Specific Contact?
We will look at four ways to help you hide your WhatsApp Online Status from a specific contact on your phone. Let's dive into each of them.
Block Contact to Hide Your WhatsApp Online Status
The easiest method to temporarily hide your WhatsApp Online status from your contacts is to block them. This will hide all your online WhatsApp activity from the blocked profile. Here's how you can block a contact on WhatsApp:
1. Open WhatsApp on your device and locate the chat from the person you wish to hide your online status from.
2. Next, tap on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner and press More to view all the available options.
3. Tap on the Block button to block the contact on your WhatsApp account. The blocked contact will not be able to see your WhatsApp online status below your profile anymore whenever you come online.
Remove the Contact and Change Privacy Settings to Hide WhatsApp Online Status
Besides blocking, you can also remove the target contact from your saved WhatsApp contacts list and alter your privacy settings to hide the WhatsApp online status. Follow these simple steps for an easy fix.
1. Open the contacts app on your smartphone and delete the contact details of the person from whom you wish to hide your WhatsApp online status.
2. Next, open WhatsApp and tap on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner to access the app settings.
3. Further, tap on Account and go to Privacy.
4. Set Last Seen, Profile Photo, About, and Status options to My Contacts.
That's it! Your deleted contact will not be able to view your online WhatsApp activity anymore as you've removed him/her from your contacts list.
Use Airplane Mode to Hide WhatsApp Online Status
Another way to hide your Online status from any contact is to use Airplane mode. This might not be the ideal way but it is useful. Here's what you need to do:
1. Once you have received a message on WhatsApp, don't open it immediately.
3. Open WhatsApp and reply to the messages, and press send.
4. Exit WhatsApp and Disable Airplane Mode; your message will be sent now.
Hide Online Status by Changing the Last Seen and Online Settings
Starting this month, WhatsApp has announced to roll out the all-new ‘Last Seen and Online‘ privacy settings that allow users to control their online presence among contacts. You can conveniently hide your online status by adjusting the privacy toggle from the app settings using this newly updated setting. Here's how you can achieve the same:
1. Open WhatsApp on your device and tap the three-dot icon in the top-right corner to access app settings.
2. Next, tap Account and go to Privacy.
3. With the new update, you can now see the updated ‘Last Seen and Online privacy ‘ setting.
4. Now, to hide your active status from a specific contact, tap on the ‘My Contacts except‘ option and choose the desired WhatsApp profile from your account.
If you can't find the new ‘Last Seen and Online' privacy setting on your smartphone, you need to wait until the update comes to your device via the update.
Bonus Tip: Find out if Someone has Blocked you on WhatsApp
If you've been turning around your head worrying about someone blocking you on WhatsApp, we can help you to confirm your suspicions. Check out our guide on how to check if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp.
That's all for the top four methods to hide WhatsApp Online status from a specific contact. If you have learned something new through this explainer, hit the Like button and share it with your friends to make them aware of these nifty techniques. Stay tuned and subscribe to GadgetsToUse for more quality reads and guides.
You might be interested in:
- How to Hide Your ‘Last Active’ Status on Instagram
- How to Hide Your Online Status From Friends on Facebook
- 3 Ways to See Blocked WhatsApp Contacts and Business
- How to get Unblocked from Contacts who blocked you on WhatsApp
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.