With the advent of Airtel 5G services in India, Bharti Airtel has decided to level up the competition with its recently announced 5G Plus service. Besides faster speeds and greater reliability, the 5G Plus network claims to offer a dedicated customer experience at call centers instead of waiting for IVRs. In this explainer, we'll take a quick look at what this new ‘customer-centric' service brings to the table and how you can experience it on your smartphone. Additionally, you can learn about Jio 5G Welcome Offer.
Airtel 5G Plus: Everything You Need to Know
With the launch of its 5G Plus service in eight major cities, Airtel has yet again stood out from the competition in the current 5G revolution. In its latest announcement, Airtel has promised to deliver massive speeds and improved voice experience across all 5G-supported smartphones without buying a new physical SIM card.
— airtel India (@airtelindia) October 6, 2022
The key highlights of Airtel 5G Plus
Below are the key highlights about 5G Plus, you need to know:
1. Fastest 5G roll-out service which is currently live (in phases) in 8 major cities namely, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Siliguri, Nagpur, and Varanasi. Airtel is aiming to cover the entire India by march 2024.
2. Improved internet speeds and voice calling across major 5G-enabled smartphones. The company claims to provide a 30 times speed boost when compared to existing 4G speeds.
3. Airtel's 5G Plus network is backward compatible with existing 4G SIM cards.
4. Existing Airtel customers will be able to experience 5G Plus services on their existing data plans until 5G plans are announced.
5. More sustainable and energy efficient than the existing 4G network.
6. Customers opting for the 5G Plus network shall get a dedicated customer experience at call centers to resolve their issues on priority.
List of Supported Devices
Are you curious to know if your 5G smartphone supports Airtel's 5G Plus network? Worry not. Airtel has already released a handy guide for you to verify if your smartphone is 5G Plus ready. Head over to the list of 5G handsets supported by Airtel's 5G Plus network in India.
Steps to Activate Airtel 5G Plus on your Phone
If you use a physical Airtel SIM card or an eSIM, switching to a 5G profile will allow you to enjoy the best benefits of the new 5G Plus network. Here's how you can enable the same on your 5G-enabled phone.
On Android Phones
If your phone is listed under the ‘5G phones supported by 5G Plus' services shared above, then you need to follow these steps to switch your phone to 5G services.
1. Go to the Settings app and tap the ‘Network and Internet ‘ option.
2. Next, tap on Sim Card & Mobile Network and then go to your airtel SIM Card settings.
3. Finally, tap on Preferred Network Type and set it to 5G to enable the 5G profile on your airtel sim card.
Even though iPhones are not yet listed under the ‘5G phones supported by Airtel 5G Plus' services shared above. You need to follow these steps to switch your phone to 5G services, to enjoy whenever it comes to iPhones.
1. Go to the Settings app and tap on Mobile data.
2. Next, tap on Mobile Data options and then go to Voice and Data option to configure it.
3. Ensure that the profile is set to 5G Auto, to maintain good battery life in bad network zones.
Note: You will only receive the 5G profile option on your iPhone when you receive its associated system update.
Q: What is Bharti Airtel's 5G Plus Service?
A: The new 5G Plus service is aimed at providing the best customer experience while improving existing network speeds and voice calling quality.
Q: What are the plans for experiencing 5G Plus on your smartphone?
A: As per the official release statement, you can experience Airtel's 5G plus on your existing data plans till its network rollout is complete in India.
Q: How to Activate Airtel 5G Plus on your phone?
A: Please refer to the steps mentioned above to easily activate the same on your Android smartphone or iPhone.
Q: Which devices support the Airtel 5G Plus network?
A: Bharti Airtel has already released a list of all the devices that are compatible with the newly launched 5G Plus service. Head over to the ‘Supported Devices' section in this explainer to learn more about the same.
Q: What is the speed of the Airtel 5G Plus network?
A: Airtel claims that its 5G Plus network will provide a 20 to 30 times boost to the existing 4G speeds in India.
Q: Do you need to buy a separate SIM Card to experience 5G Plus Plans?
A: No, existing Airtel 4G Sim Cards are compatible with the new network update.
Q: Which cities are currently running on the latest Airtel 5G Plus?
A: Currently, it is being rolled out in phases to 8 major Indian cities namely, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Siliguri, Nagpur, and Varanasi.
Q: What do you need to get on board with Airtel's 5G Plus Network?
A: All you need is a 5G-enabled smartphone and a 5G cellular profile to experience Airtel's 5G Plus Network. To switch to a 5G cellular profile, you can head over to the easy steps mentioned in this guide to activate the same.
Q: How to Check if your Smartphone is 5G Enabled?
A: Check out our detailed explainer to check if your Phone Supports 5G to verify 5G access on your smartphone.
Q: Will your current Airtel 4G SIM work on the 5G Plus network?
A: Yes, you don't need to buy a new SIM card to experience the 5G Plus network on Airtel.
Q: When will you get to experience Airtel 5G Plus network on your phone?
A: If your location doesn't come in the list of supported cities, you need to wait for some time till it becomes available. Airtel aims at covering urban India by the end of 2023.
We hope this guide has answered all your unaddressed questions about the new Airtel 5G Plus network launched in India. If you find this guide helpful, then hit the like button and share it with your friends using the Airtel network. Check out other useful tips linked below, and stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more useful explainers.
You might be interested in:
- How to Check 5G Bands supported by your Phone and Area in India
- Fact Check: Is 5G dangerous for your health? Can it cause you Corona?
- Jio 5G Launched: Supported Bands, Plans, Speed, and Roll-out cities
- Exclamation Mark on Network Signal, Mobile Data Not Working? 8 Ways to Fix
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.