We have seen Spotlight Search on iOS to be a pretty convenient feature in day-to-day life. The android counterpart of it is called universal search which is available on Google Pixel phones, and it lets you search for nearly anything on your phone. We have seen many users asking for universal search in Android. In this read, we have mentioned the three ways to get or use Universal search on any Android phone.
How to Get Universal Search on Any Android
In this article, we will discuss some ways using which you can get universal search on your Android smartphone. Here we will show you multiple methods to use the universal search on Android.
Native Universal Search on Google Pixel
Universal Search is natively available on Google Pixel phones. Follow the detailed steps given below to use the universal search on your Pixel phone.
1. Go to the app drawer on your Pixel phone, and tap the Search bar at the top with the Google logo.
2. Here you can search for anything like a person and it will show results from the web.
3. Universal search also works as a currency convertor which shows the conversion right in the search area.
4. The next thing universal search can do is mathematical calculations it can handle anything from easy to complex calculations.
Universal Search on OnePlus Phones
OnePlus phones also come with Universal search and it is called OnePlus Scout. Below are the steps to use OnePlus Scout on your OnePlus phone.
1. Open the app drawer on your OnePlus phone.
2. Now, tap on the three-dot menu button and select Scout Settings.
3. Here, turn on the toggle to enable OnePlus Scout.
4. Grant the permissions like Storage and Location when asked.
5. Your OnePlus Scout is enabled.
6. Now, yo can search for anything and it will provide results as per available data.
7. Next up is trying multiple types of searches like apps.
8. You can even search for famous people and it will fetch results from the web.
9. Here is an example of mathematical calculations performed by OnePlus Scout.
Use the Sesame Shortcuts App
For other Android phones, you can use the third-party app called Seasme Search and Shortcuts app for Android. It lets you search for nearly anything from the search bar in the app. To use this method, you need to follow the steps given below.
1. Download the Seasme Search & Shortcuts app from Play Store.
2. Allow the notifications permission.
3. On the next page you will be greeted by the search interface of the Sesame app.
4. Here, you can search for influential people.
5. Or you can do mathematical calculations.
In the above article, we discussed the methods to use universal search on any Android phone. I hope you found this useful, if you did, make sure to share it. Check out other tips linked below, and stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more such tech tips.
You might be interested in:
- 3 Ways to Search Inside a YouTube Video
- 2 Ways to Search for Medicines in Doctor Prescription
- How to Search Truecaller Government Services Directory
- 4 Ways to Report Scam Websites and Ads in Google Search Results
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.