Google Drive is used by billions of users for data sharing. But it becomes a challenge to find out when a new file is uploaded in a folder. Wouldn’t it be easy to get an email notification whenever a new file is uploaded to a Google drive folder? If you also think the same, then stick around, as in this read we’ll guide you on how to enable email notification alerts for every new file upload in Google Drive. Meanwhile, you can also learn to get Google Calendar Notifications On PC, Android, and iPhone.
How to Get Email Notifications for New Google Drive Uploads
You can take the help of automation services like IFTTT, which is free to use, in order to get email notification alerts, whenever a new file is uploaded to your folder.
1. Visit the IFTTT website on a web browser, and click on the Get Started button.
2. On the next page, choose to sign up with either your Google, Apple, or Facebook account, or log in if you already have an IFTTT account.
3. Once on the IFTTT dashboard, click the create button from the top right.
4. Next, click the Add button on the If this tab.
5. Now, search for Google Drive to see the available triggers.
6. Here, you need to select the New File in Your Folder trigger.
7. On the next page, click the Connect button to link IFTTT with your Google Account.
8. From the pop-up window, click on Allow button, to grant IFTTT permission to access your Google Drive.
9. Once your drive is connected, type in the name of the folder you want to get alerts for.
Note: You need to enter the Name of the folder, do not paste the URL of the folder. This works only on folders created by you, for subfolders use the following format: Folder/Subfolder.
10. After entering the folder name, click on Create Trigger to initiate it.
11. On the next screen, click on Add button on the Then tab.
12. Now, search for Email service as action.
13. Next, cross-check the IFTTT details, and click on the Create Action button.
14. Finally, review the IFTTTT details and click on Finish.
Now, whenever a new file is uploaded to the selected folder, you will be notified with an email alert on your registered email address.
Q: Can you get notifications when someone uploads to Google Drive?
A: Yes, you can go to Notification Settings of Google Drive and choose to be notified if:
- Someone shares a new file or folder with you
- You’re mentioned in a comment or action item, or
- If someone requests access to a file you own.
Q: How do I monitor Google Drive uploads?
A: You can either set up email alerts using IFTTT as we have mentioned above to monitor each new upload on Google Drive. Or you can check the ‘activity log’ of the Google Drive folder.
Q: Does Google Drive have an activity log?
A: Yes, Google drive have an activity log (information button) for each folder, you can check the activity log to know the all the activities done on Google Drive.
Wrapping Up: Get Email Notification for Every Drive Upload
In this read, we discussed how you can set up email notification alerts for every file upload in Google Drive using IFTTT, which is completely free to use. Since the setup, we no longer need to share file links or communicate over chat to notify the team. Share this with stour friends or colleagues, to help them out, and stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more such reads.
- 5 Ways To Recover Permanently Deleted Files From Google Drive
- 9 Ways to Fix Google Drive Not Uploading Files From iPhone
- 3 Ways to Delete Duplicate Files While Uploading to Google Drive
- 3 Ways to Pin a Google Drive Folder
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.