Airtel is leaving no stone unturned to counter the newly emerged rival, Reliance Jio. Airtel has already approached TRAI, a several times in the past few months regarding the Reliance Jio free data and calls offers. Now, the telecom company has come up with a new plan to counter Reliance Jio.
Airtel is now offering additional 3GB of 4G data to both prepaid and postpaid customers that will be over and above the data given in the already existing plans. This offer will be applicable for any customer with a 4G mobile handset who is currently not on the Airtel network and for existing Airtel customers upgrading to a new 4G handset.
For Prepaid Users
- Additional 3GB data will be given with the already existing plan of Rs. 345 (unlimited voice calling pack)
- Previously, this pack came with unlimited voice calling (both local and STD) to any network in India, along with 1GB of 4G data.
- Interestingly this pack was announced in December itself, with the same motive of competing with Reliance Jio.
- Customers can avail this offer through the MyAirtel app for the first time and data benefits on subsequent recharges will be instant.
- This benefit will be valid for 28 days and it can be availed for a maximum of 13 recharges till 31st December, 2017.
For Postpaid Users
- Additional 3GB data can be availed by the customers if they opt for any of the MyPlan Infinity Packs.
- Currently the MyPlan Infinity Series includes plans ranging from Rs. 549 to Rs. 1,999.
- These plans come with unlimited voice calls including local and STD plus unlimited roaming calls for higher plans.
- They also come with some free data (now 3GB over and above), some free national SMSes per day and free subscription to Wynk music and Wynk Movies.
- This also can be availed through the MyAirtel app.
This Free data offer will be available across India starting from 4th January and it will be valid till February 28.
Commenting on the newly launched offer, Ajai Puri, Director – Market Operations, Bharti Airtel, said:
“We are inviting customers to experience 4G through the year on India’s fastest network. We are seeing increasing penetration of 4G handsets across the country and believe that this attractive offer will provide an opportunity to more and more customers to enjoy high speed broadband on their devices with Airtel.“