Instagram Stories was introduced a few days ago in a bid to counter Snapchat stories. Snapchat, famous for its ephemeral image and video sharing has taken the world by storm. With Instagram looking to expand, we have seen the social network introduce different features to attract new users and retain the existing ones. Initially we saw the company introduce short videos, then they extended the limit to 1:30 minutes.
Now, Instagram wants you to enjoy Snapchat Stories like features within its app. Just like Snapchat, the stories on Instagram will disappear after 24 hours. A list of stories posted by the people you follow is shown on the top of the homepage. In case you don’t like the Snapchat app on Android, this could be a really good chance for you to migrate to Instagram Stories, even though it may seem a little odd at first given the kind of pics that are shared on Instagram.
Creating Instagram Stories is extremely easy. Today, we are going to tell you how to create Instagram stories on your Android device.
Instagram Stories – How To Create And Share
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap on the Plus icon on top left-hand corner of your screen or swipe left in your Feed.
- Tap the circle button at the bottom to click a picture.
- Tap and hold the circle button to record a video.
- Now, you can add text or drawing to your picture or video by clicking on the pen or text icon.
- You have the option of choosing from three pens. The third pen looks like a neon sign.
- You have the option of selecting a font color from a custom color palette.
- You can add emojis just like Snapchat.
- Tap on done to upload your story.
- You also have the option to save your stories.
Let the world know what you’ve been up to in the last 24 hours!