Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus is now rolling out the stable Android Oreo build for the OnePlus 5 ahead of the scheduled deadline. The company has made the update available as a Christmas gift to the users.
Not only this, Carl Pei also announced the arrival of Facial unlocking on the OnePlus 5. In a tweet, Pei said that the feature will be coming to the phone on popular demand. An update to Android 8.0 Oreo is being pushed as the OxygenOS 5.0 build for the OnePlus 5.
OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 5.0 update
The device was launched with Android 7.0 Nougat and the company is now updating it to the latest Android version. The phone was scheduled to get the update in early 2018 but the device has been updated ahead of the deadline.
Due to popular demand, Face Unlock is coming for the OnePlus 5. Thanks for the feedback, and merry Christmas! ???
— Carl Pei (@getpeid) December 24, 2017
One more surprise for OnePlus 5 owners users is that the company is also making Facial recognition available for the device. OnePlus added facial unlocking feature on the OnePlus 5T and are now bringing it to this smartphone on popular demand.
Talking about the changes, the OnePlus 5 now gets all the key features of Android 8.0 Oreo. You will now get improved notifications, wide color gamut, background process limits, notification badges and much more. Apart from these features, OnePlus has also made certain other optimizations with the OxygenOS 5.0 update.
Here is the complete changelog for the OnePlus 5 Android 8.0 Oreo update:
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Optimizations for Shelf
- Now you can upload your photo through Shot on OnePlus
- New Camera UI design
- Optimizations for photo quality
- Added beauty effect for Portrait Mode
- Added “Places” tab for viewing photos on a map
- Added history feature
- Added alarm calendar feature
- Added Parallel Apps feature
- New design for Quick Settings
- New design for Lift up display
- Added “Adaptive model” screen calibration
- Optimizations for Wi-Fi
- Optimizations for Battery Saver
- Updated Android security patch to December